Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy Weekend

We planned on having a nice, relaxing weekend and for the most part we did. Jack decided to have fun with us this weekend...let me explain. We were sleeping soundly and all of a sudden (around 5:30am) our car alarm is going off. I look out the window to make sure that there no one breaking in and that it is an accident. I look out and there is no one there. Jack is barking, the alarm is going off, and I can not find my keys. I am digging through my purse, taking things out, but still can't find them. Jack is still barking and the alarm is still going off. I remembered that the keys were in my right coat pocket. I stick my hand in the pocket and realize that there isn't a pocket anymore....just a hole. For some reason, I don't think twice about it now...I am just trying to find the keys. I look back to tell Jack to stop barking and next to him on the floor were my keys. He had accidentally set off the panic button. I pick up the keys, turn off the alarm and realize that the keys are sticky and chocolately. I then looked at my coat pocket again....put 2 and 2 together and realize Jack ate a hole in my coat pocket because I had left a peppermint patty in there. He ate the peppermint patty and the wrapping too! I was ticked. So...we called the vet and he said that little bit of chocolate won't hurt Jack and to just give him a few treats until we see the shiny wrapper in his #2. I go wash off the keys and some of it still isn't coming off. gross! Hopefully this won't happen again....it is not a good way to wake up!
We ran some errands yesterday and then one of Mike's co workers and his wife had a game night last night, so we went by there for a little bit. We played Apples to Apples, Scene it Squabble, and the new Cranium. We had a great night and it was a blast! Today we went to church and lunch with his parents to Subway and now I am procrastinating my school work and planning by blogging! Fun huh? I have lots to do and don't really want to get it done....but I guess I better. I hope you are all having a great weekend as well....it's 60* here today! wow!

0 comments: