Happy Happy Birthday to the best husband and father!
Today is Mike's birthday as well as our 10 year engagement day! That's right...10 years ago, Mike asked me to marry him (less than 2 months of knowing each other)...hey, when you know...you know! :)
I am so thankful to be married to this man and to celebrate him today and our engagement day.
It feels so crazy to go back and look through these blog archives for the past 5 years!!!!
Want to take a walk down memory lane with me??? ;) Click on each link below...
our Engagement Story
2007...Mike's "Golden" birthday and our 5 year engagement day ;)
2008... including pics of our wedding build a bears...ha! and some pics when we first met 10 years ago!
2010 birthday and engagment post...
2011...the big 35!
Happy Birthday to the love of my life! Here's to another great year...
Friday, August 31, 2012
Happy Happy Birthday to the best husband and father!
Posted by K.M.L at 5:00 AM
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Here are 10 things on my mind recently...
- Fall Weather and boots, scarves, sweaters
- New shows starting! (Love me some Grey's!!)
- Thinking about Halloween costumes for us and the boys.
- Taking Friday off work for Mike's birthday and then Monday off for a holiday. Nice 4 day weekend ahead with family in town.
- Date night Friday night (birthday celebration with some friends)
- Still thinking and dreaming how to finish downstairs playroom. Anyone know how to take a 3 piece sectional sofa upstairs when we had to just roll it down the stairs end over end??? (we might have to take a chain saw to it, but were hoping for another way!) :)
- Thinking about rearranging and painting our bedroom...would love to change it up
- Unfortunately thinking about how selfish some people are...
- Submitting photos for a fun little contest...hopefully the ones I took do well :)
- Gift ideas that I can make for Christmas this year...is it too early to start thinking about that?? ;)
Posted by K.M.L at 6:38 PM
Monday, August 27, 2012
Hello to another week...the last week in August.
Hello to finally getting our air conditioning working in our trailer at school...it's been so hot!
Hello to coffee
Hello to poor Evan who has had a fever for 5 days now...Doctor confimed that he has Herpangina and Coxsackievirus type A infection. Sores in his throat and virus in digestive tract...Poor guy...I feel so bad for him. He slept for 15 hours the other night and has been on the couch every single day not wanting to move or play. Hoping he's back to being himself soon...
Hello to gobstoppers...yum!
Hello to finally getting rain yesterday
Hello to Monday almost being over ;)
Posted by K.M.L at 1:12 PM
Saturday, August 25, 2012
- It's been a busy week around here. It was my first full week teaching Monday-Friday. Thankfully I have a great group of ELL students and I am at 2 fantastic schools. I will hopefully try to get some pictures taken of my classroom this year and show ya. I'm in a trailer with another ELL teacher, she has K-2 and I have the 3rd-5th grade students. They are going to be building a wall in between our sides of the room and putting in a new air conditioner, since ours decided to not work through the hottest week of school ;)
- We had a really great Saturday today besides Evan running a fever yesterday and today...We relaxed and finished laundry (woohoo), we went on a few errands with the boys, laughed and played and watched Alex go crazy running around a blanket on the floor. Just a great day as a family...throughout the week its a little hectic with both of us working (Mike is on evening shift, so throughout the week I rarely see him except for in the morning for an hour).
- Busy week ahead and I'm SO excited!!! Mike's birthday is Friday and then on Saturday the Indy Laughlins are coming to town for Labor Day weekend. So thrilled to hang out with them, have the kiddos play and catch up with them. Mike's also running in the Mudrun on Sunday around 12 so that should be fun :)
- This video of the boys cracks me up. I asked Evan to keep Alex awake since we were almost home.
- Love that I am almost caught up on Project Life! I have just this week to print and write. :) Love this way to record our memories!
- My nephew, Aiden, turned 5 years old this past week! So glad that he had a great birthday and that we also get to see them this three day weekend.
Love these 4!!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:34 PM
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Happy 5th Birthday to my nephew, Aiden!!!!
We love you so much and hope you had a blast at your Batman party!!!!
Can't believe you are already 5!!! Love you...
Posted by K.M.L at 6:00 AM
Monday, August 20, 2012
Hello to a new week. A full week of school...
Hello to finally getting all of the "color" off from Saturday :)
Hello to phone calls with Amanda and Kelli
Hello to getting into a routine...
Hello to these two silly boys.
Hello to some baby blues on these two cuties...
Hello to a new week! Have a great Monday!
Sunday, August 19, 2012
The best 5K ever! Have you heard of the Color Run??
The St. Louis color run was this past weekend and I had such a great time! Kelli, Cortney, Buddy and Christie were also on the "team". We had a great time as you can tell from the pictures. :)
And here is the video of the Finish Color Throw!
And yes, I will be doing this again!!! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 8:26 PM
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
So this one decided to turn 15 months. 15 months?! I feel like we just had his 1st birthday.
ball, Jack, nigh-nigh, mama, da-da, bye, hi, up,uh-oh,no, tickle, oh, milk
Here's Evan at 15 months and his 15 month stats and dog picture :)
It's crazy how fast time goes!
Posted by K.M.L at 8:41 PM
Sunday, August 12, 2012
- This might be long...we'll see. It definitely will have a lot of pictures :)
- It's Sunday night. Tomorrow I go back to work...full time. After an almost 3 year break. I am not sure how I am really feeling yet. The good news is that Mike is working evenings so he will be home to watch Alex most of the day and Evan will be in preschool 3 or 4 days a week while Mike is working. Mike will drop off Alex at our sitter for a few hours (or his mom is coming over, who is also going to help out and watch A) and then after I get done teaching, I will get both boys. I think it will work out...I think everyone will be happy :) I'm just thankful that Alex gets another year (like Evan did) with one of us at home instead of being in full time daycare.
- Alex turned 15 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More on this soon...
- We were in St. Louis last Wednesday- Friday. Mike had training one of those days and we got to do some fun last minute summer things with the boys. We went to Six Flags, Zoo, Lone Elk Park, celebrated Mike's birthday with my family, went to Chuck E Cheese with my mom, and then to lunch with Kelli and my parents before heading back home. It was such a great trip and I'm so thankful that we are close to them and the drive isn't too far.
- Six Flags...I think we went on the busiest, hottest day that we could. We did have a good time even though the lines were long :)
- St. Louis Zoo where the Malones met up with us too :) The first hour of the Zoo a couple of the exhibits that usually cost are free. We finally got to see the stingrays and pet them. We also got to see the sea lions before they started cleaning the tank. Kye and Evan were like two peas in a pod. :) Alex stayed home with Me-maw while he was supposed to take a nap...but decided not too since he had Grandma all to himself ;)
- We went on our August Date Night...more to come on this one in a separate post.
- We stopped by Kelli's work for their back to school night. Evan was ready to enroll in middle school. I said not yet. :) He did look up at her feelings poster and said "I am grumpy" :) Silly boy! This is where we were when the USA Women's Team won GOLD!!! woohoo!
- We played in the backyard with Me-maw and Pa-paw and rode bikes. It was gorgeous weather...finally! Not too hot, sunshine. Absolutely perfect!
- Celebrating Mike's birthday
- And....my brother and sister (and her boyfriend)'s kickball team got 1st place in Kickball for a Cause for a children's hospital. Brad made the winning play and scored the winning run for them to win! So proud of Kelli, Brad and Josh! Way to go guys! :)
Hope you had a great weekend! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 6:49 PM