14 years ago, on your 26th birthday, you asked me if I would marry you....
It's been 5114 days
- 441,849,600 seconds
- 7,364,160 minutes
- 122,736 hours
- 5114 days
- 730 weeks and 4 days
Here's our story...
- Mike and I had met at a 4th of July BBQ (2o02). We had met a couple of times before this but really just in passing at parties, etc. The only reason I was going to this 4th of July BBQ was to see Mike. Thanks Matt Kennon for taking me there! Mike and I hit it off that evening literally....we were in the pool and playing pool baseball and we bumped heads! We "connected" during a catchphrase game with about 8 other people there (and anyone who knows my catch-phrasing ability know that that is a tough feat!) From that BBQ we spent every day together....thank goodness for summer!
- Fast forward to August 31st (2002) yes...less than 2 months later....we were on our way to a wedding of one of Mike's friends. (Angie and Adam!) Little did I know that Mike had this proposal planned....below is the story in his words.
- "I had hidden a build a bear leopard that was dressed in a wedding dress that I made for her and a bottle of wine and of course the ring in my luggage. As we were leaving (for Angie and Adam's wedding) I said I forgot my car keys in the room (which didn't work as smoothly as I hoped b/c we were walking there and back), but I went in and set everything up on the table and put the ring (still in the box) in a passport carrier around my waste. At the reception she put her arm around me and put her hand right on the ring on my back and of course she asked what it was. Due to a bit of quick thinking, I told her that I told my dad that my back was hurting from moving stuff into my apt. all week and he gave me a back brace, then she said, but it feels like there is a box back there and I said "I don't know what that box thing is, but it sure feels good", which was enough to convince her that it wasn't anything too interesting. After the wedding reception we walked back to the hotel and when she walked in the room she saw the build a bear and read who it was from, "her fiance" and then when she turned around I was on my knee and she was crying and she said yes before I finished my little speech that I had been trying to perfect the last week and then she got down on her knees with me. After she stopped crying and we had hugged for a while she asked me what I said, so I made her get back up and I asked her again ("The one thing I really wanted for my birthday that would make me the happiest man in the world would be if you would promise to spend the rest of your life with me")and she said yes again and I then put the ring (which was 2 sizes too big) on her finger. "
- I called my mom and told her (my dad already knew because Mike went over and asked him for his permission). When I told my mom, she didn't know because my dad knew that if she knew....she wouldn't be able to keep that a secret! ha! We got married about 4 months later on Dec. 28th, 2002.
- 14 years ago today your birthday present was when you asked me to be your wife...
- So today, on our 14th year anniversary of that day, I am saying YES again....
- Yes, I am so glad that I met you, got engaged, and married all within 6 months
- Yes, you make my life complete and I'm so thankful for our sons
- Yes, you still make me smile from across the room when I see your face or if I hear your name
- Yes, I love you....not for what anyone thinks you should be, but for what you are, what you strive to be, and what you always will be...
- Yes, some days are better than others...but I wouldn't trade them for anything
- Yes, you have a way of making good times better just by being there
- Yes, you are the love of my life
- Yes, you are still a dreamer and a romantic and you overwhelm me with happiness
- Yes, I still thank God for you everyday
- Yes, I am still crazy about you and I am SO thankful we walked into each other's lives
- Yes....I still wonder how did I ever get so lucky????
- Yes...I'm so thankful for the ups and downs in our life. Yes, there have been many hard and difficult moments. For us. For our amazing, beautiful boys. For our family, but knowing those difficult moments bring us closer together in the midst of chaos, is actually comforting.
- Yes, to the amazing adventures and trips and the ones we will have in the future.