I had a great break and having to go back to work today was SO hard! My kids were in a turkey coma...they were so tired and quiet today, but tomorrow won't be like that! ha! Mike also got cleared to go back to work today so he went to his appt. this morning and then went straight to work...and he is still there! It is 6:30 pm and I miss him. It is hard having him be at home every night I get home and tonight I didn't like coming home to an empty house....I think he's here...gotta go! :)
Monday, November 26, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 4:24 PM
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 6:22 PM
Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is 15 years old. Watch all of it.......and, pass it on!! http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1 You can also help out for the holidays by clicking here and helping Katie... http://katiemohr.blogspot.com/2007/11/tis-season.html
Posted by K.M.L at 11:47 AM
Our new tree...still need to put up the ornaments...
Love the Hallmark singing penguins, dogs, and snowmen!Kissing bears!!! xoxoxo Love my new candles (from Kohls)
The present room....hoping to get it all wrapped today!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 9:39 AM
Jack "helping" out in the kitchen :)
Posted by K.M.L at 9:19 AM
Thursday, November 22, 2007
- I AM THANKFUL
- FOR THE WIFE WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME, AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
- FOR THE HUSBAND WHO IS ON THE SOFA BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.
- FOR THE TEENAGER WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHE IS AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.
- FOR THE TAXES THAT I PAY BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM EMPLOYED.
- FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.
- FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
- FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.
- FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.
- FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
- FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING AND THAT I HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH TRANSPORTATION.
- FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.
- FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH OR SYNAGOGUE THAT SINGS OFF KEY BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I CAN HEAR.
- FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
- FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
- FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM ALIVE.
- AND FINALLY. FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:11 AM
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
- I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and fun times! I am thankful this year for many things....here are just a few.
- My husband
- My parents, siblings, and Jack
- Our home filled with love
- My students and their wonderful parents
- That God is so good....
- Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 8:47 PM
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
- Here's how it works:
- The meme: 7 random facts about me
- The rules:Link to your tagger and post these rules.
- Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
- I love to read....books, magazine, articles, children's books. Here are some of my favorite...Karen Kingsbury, Jodi Picoult, the Mark Twain Award books, and this is my new favorite.
- I went to college at Florida International on a soccer scholarship....it was either to Miami or Marquette Univ in Wisconsin.....I chose the WARM weather!!!! :)
- I can't get enough tennis shoes....I love Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Puma...anything comfy...I wish I could wear them to teach in all the time! And...I fit into Kids' size 6 which is cheaper then the adult shoes!
- I have tried for years and years to quit popping my knuckles....I seriously can't! I take after my dad b/c he does too. I can pop my thumbs, fingers by twisting, pulling, and pushing, my toes, by ankles, the front of my legs, and my back. I am weird...I know!
- I have had 10 operations and hopefully I won't have any more!
- I have played soccer for 20 years. I started when I was 3 years old on an indoor coed team. My parents both played soccer and my brother, sister, did too! I played on the church team, club team (J.B. Marine), the Missouri State Team for the Olympic Development Program, indoor teams, and in also college.
- I love cheese and mustard sandwiches...I know it sounds gross, but it really is my favorite!
Posted by K.M.L at 9:07 PM
- Four football fans go rock climbing one afternoon, a Nebraska fan, an Oklahoma fan, a Kansas fan, and a Mizzou fan. They had been arguing all the way up the mountain about who among them was the most die-hard fan.
- Upon reaching the top of the mountain, the Nebraska fan proclaimed to the other three, "THIS IS FOR THE HUSKERS!" and promptly threw himself off the mountain as a form of sacrifice, screaming "GO BIG RED!" as he fell to his death.
- Not to be outdone, the Oklahoma fan jumped up and shouted, "THIS IS FOR THE SOONERS!" and threw himself off the mountain. Refusing to be outdone by the Nebraska and Oklahoma fans, the Mizzou fan rose to his feet and yelled at the top of his lungs, "THIS IS FOR THE MISSOURI TIGERS!" and without hesitation pushed the Kansas fan off the mountain shouting, "FLY JAYHAWK FLY!!!"
Posted by K.M.L at 9:30 AM
Monday, November 19, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 4:05 PM
Sunday, November 18, 2007
- Parent Teacher Conferences where the students led their own conference. LOVED this! The kids actually liked talking to their parents about their work and they were accountable for themselves! Nice!
- 1/2 day of school on Friday! yippee!!!! Mike and I went to the mall and had a great lunch, got some Christmas shopping done and also exercise!
- My mom had some meetings in Kansas City so she was on her way back and spent the night with us Friday night and all 3 of us had dinner at TGIF. Jack was SO happy his grandma was here to play with!
- Saturday, went shopping for about 4 hours with Kelli, my mom, and Heather.....got almost all of my Christmas gifts and decided that I would LOVE to be a personal shopper for others!
- Went to grab a couple of drinks with Heather later that night at Red Robin....good conversation with a great friend...what more could you ask for?
- Went to church this morning with Mike and saw are other friends, the Powells there, sat with them and caught up on their lives. :)
- Went shopping at the $1 store for our holiday party at school, Walmart to order 2 cakes for a bridal shower and baby shower coming up at school, went to Kohls (they have a GREAT buy 1 get 1 free sale going on now on frames!), and then went to Michael's to get some garland and little knickknacks.
- Home....resting....watched Dan and Amanda's Colts beat Dave's Chiefs....Sorry about that Dave
- WANT TO WISH MY PARENTS A HAPPY 29th ANNIVERSARY TODAY! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 2:54 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
"R. Williford headed home for Columbia before dark on Monday in the Dodge Neon he had just bought. Stepping on the gas, the car climbed to 45 mph on the straight stretch of Route B leading south into Hallsville. And then it hit him. A brown blur dropped from the sky - from at least 10 feet up - and instantly Williford was wrestling a snorting mass of horns, fur and blood. A struggling eight-point buck was lying on Williford’s windshield and its antler tips were clattering around in his teeth. "All I knew is I was numb, and I saw blood everywhere. And I just knew that" the antler point "had gone through my throat, and I thought I just hadn’t felt it yet," he said. "It totally freaked me out." But the antler of the offending deer had stopped just short of cutting his throat. "I don’t even know how to explain it to anybody when you realize after impact that you’ve got a horn in your mouth and there’s something alive attached to it," he said. Williford, 43, acted quickly. He slammed on the brakes, pushed his legs up on the dashboard and snapped off a piece of antler with his hands. He then mustered enough strength to push the 180-pound deer out onto the hood. According to Williford’s recollection and police reports, the buck was chased out of the woods by a hunter near Route B and Schooler Road, and the animal leapt from a small hill alongside the road. It landed squarely on Williford’s windshield. "
You can read the whole story here
Posted by K.M.L at 2:48 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 8:01 AM
Monday, November 12, 2007
More pics from the weekend to come tomorrow on her "real" birthday!
Posted by K.M.L at 1:36 PM
It's been raining here all morning. I have a teacher work day today to finish report cards, which I finished up Thursday night, so I have all day to plan, organize, and get things graded. So excited! I even got to take a real, grown up lunch outside of school! yeah! Even though it is a pretty relaxing day, I wish it weren't raining....these are the days where you want to stay at home, curled up watching movies. When Mike picks me up, I am going to go get a flu shot and then we are headed to the mall to start Christmas shopping. For this therapy he is supposed to walk, so HE suggested we go to the mall to walk....how cool is that!? Thanks honey! ;) Have a great day, no matter where you are! Also, look at how cute my new rain boots are! Click here...
Posted by K.M.L at 1:31 PM
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 9:11 AM
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 7:04 PM
Monday, November 5, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 8:21 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 8:05 PM