Thursday, August 14, 2008

Three for Thurs.

1. This is my last weekend before meetings and school start next week. I'm almost 100% finished with my classroom, so next week I can concentrate on curriculum and getting things planned. I always get a little nervous before school starts again....meeting the new students and parents, making sure I am doing the best job I can, and helping these young learners grow in their academic journey and teach them great things. I'll post some pics of my classroom tomorrow....I forgot my camera today!

2. I am excited to head to St. Louis Friday and Saturday. I am going to hang out with the Morrisons and Malones Friday night, while the guys have their football fantasy draft. Unfortunately Mike has to work the entire weekend, but is hopefully going to take his dinner break right around the draft time, so he can participate in the draft too. :) I am excited to see Heather and Erin and the kiddos. Saturday I'll be hanging out with my family and I'm bringing Jack with me. This will be the last trip for awhile since I am starting my masters classes at MU on Saturdays and will be busy with teaching school and my own classes. Hopefully that means we'll have a lot more visitors come our way! :)

3. I am going to let you in on a little secret. Something I've been keeping from you for awhile now (and no...we're not pregnant). I needed a place for me to write me thoughts, feelings, emotions about our fertility stuff going on, so I started another blog. Be nice!!!! I am not the most eloquent writer and I often have a hard time putting my thoughts into actual sentences that make sense, so please be kind. It is called Midwest Infertility....

2 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

Hey Kacey! I keep meaning to comment on your blog! So i have to say you sound like the BEST teacher... i would love for one of my kids to be in your class! Nice to hear from you...

Katie said...

Kasey...I am in the same boat, trying to get my classroom ready! I still have another week before school starts, but I have to get a ton of stuff from the "Teacher Store" this weekend. I'll be thrilled when my room is ALL done and ready for those spunky little second graders to walk throuhg the door:)

**Thanks- for sharing your other blog, I think it will be very theraputic for you.**