Saturday, August 23, 2008

boring update...

  • I am so glad it is the weekend. I'm wiped out and since I have a couple of thoughts running through my head that I wanted to share, I am going to go bullet style today.

  • My two days of school went really well. I am down to 25 students and have had 2 students that haven't showed up yet. They are going to be a pretty good group, so I am excited. We have a full week next week and I'm excited to actually get started on teaching curriculum.

  • Heather posted about a fear of dogs on her post....and after reading that I had a crazy dream last night. I was out walking with either Amanda or Kelli and we were worried because there were a few "wild" dogs in the neighborhood. We each picked up a couple of rocks and were getting ready to throw them at the dogs, but then these 3 guys came up to us to ask us if we needed help. All of a sudden, the guys started attacking us and in my dream I was yelling NO and getting ready to kick the guy in his family jewels. I wake up and realize that my leg is in the air and I come down hard on Mike's shin with my leg. I seriously can't believe that I kicked Mike in the leg! Geez.... Thanks Heather for that dream! ha! :)

  • I started Clomid on Friday and last night had some really crazy dreams besides the dog dream and getting attacked. I had another dream where I was with my sister and mom and we were in movie set of some sort. I remember people attacking the three of us and I got shot in the head. As I lay there, blood is pouring out of my head, but my mom and sister can't do anything because it is in the middle of this action scene. SO strange! I also could not sleep last night. I was up at 1, 3, 5 and then around 7. I don't know if it is from the Clomid or just because, but either way, I didn't like not getting a full nights rest!

  • Mike is back at work again today. I feel like I haven't seen him much because of our opposite schedules. I think the last time we really saw each other and hung out was last Tuesday. He's had to work alot since the students are coming back and unpacking and moving in, but at least he is getting some overtime, which is good! The good thing is that I can always go see him and we can eat dinner together during the weekends. :)

  • I went to my ELL orientation this morning and the first thing we had to do when we got into the room was take a 50 question pre-test. Not the kind of morning I want to have! The good news is that it is not for a grade and is just a pretest, but still. I have an assignment of reading 100 pages from a book and answering questions already and I hope I can keep up with everything! I am a little nervous about all of that, but I'm sure it won't be too bad.

2 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

What a crazy dream!! I haven't been able to sleep either. For 2 nights now I lay there and watch the clock until 6am when I finally get up. I'm wondering if it's my new allergy medicine.

Swartzie said...

My friend Nisar is on Clomid also and having the funky dreams too. You are not alone out there! I am keeping for you a FAMILY in my prayers! Have a great week, I am glad you like your students this year! I don't know how you do it, I really don't think I am good with kids...