Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 2: Preschool/Kindergarten Years

This is week 2 out of 15 in recording your history over at Mommy's Piggy TALES. This week we are recording our preschool/kindergarten years.

  
Dear Evan,
                Today I want to share with you some pictures and memories when I was little so one day you'll know about my growing up years.

Nuggett was our goldren retriever growing up and she was such a great dog. We got her when I was almost 2 years old. She was so patient and kind! Below is what Grandma Merritt wrote in my baby book about Nuggett.

I got a new puppy and she sure is cute! I was afraid of the puppy at first so I used to run and jump on my mom and dad when she was coming. Now I am getting used to the dog and I can run with her and play together. My puppy's name is Nuggett and I can even say it. 



Christmas has always been my favorite holiday growing up. Not because of all of the presents, but because we were always together as a family. I remember Grandma  decorating the house and Grandpa Merritt going out to get a huge Christmas tree and bringing it inside the house. I remember all of the Christmas cards going up on the fireplace or on the refrigerator for us to look at. I'm guessing this was the year E.T. came out! :)


On August 4, 1981, I became a big sister and your Aunt Kelli was born. Below was written in my baby book

I got a new sister on August 4th. I can't wait until my mom and dad bring her home. Mom tells me she looks alot like me! I talk to my mom every night on the phone and tell her I love her and miss her. I know it's going to be different when mom gets home especially because I was getting used to her big belly! My little sister is SO small. I love to go up to her and kiss her on the cheek. Mom tells me that I am not jealous at all and that she is really proud of me. I like to change my babies diapers just like mom changes my sister's diapers. 

 Evan, your Aunt Kelli had to have an operation when she was 6 weeks old. She had Pyloric Stenosis and threw up everywhere! She had the operation and was all better, which I know Grandpa and Grandma were relieved!


This picture was taken in our backyard on Holly Hills. We had a 2 family flat and we lived on one side and your Great Grandma Merritt lived on the other side. I loved our swing set in the back yard and there was a church behind our house. They used to have big carnivals there and we would go over and ride the rides. Your Aunt Kelli fell down the steps and scraped her nose....I was probably supposed to be watching her!

On May 14th 1984, your Uncle Brad was born and I finally had a younger brother! Before he was born, we moved from the Holly Hills neighborhood to Fenton, which is where Grandpa and Grandma still live. We moved so I could start school in a good school district and it was right before Brad was born. It was fun having a brother and a sister to play with all the time, even though we sometimes argued and didn't get along, I wouldn't change it for anything.



 Below is a picture of my first day of school. I remember loving my backpack! It was red with a stoplight on the front. I thought I was so cool heading off to school while your Aunt Kelli and Uncle Brad had to stay at home with Great Grandma. My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Loyal.



I remember we took one of our first field trips to Purina Farms and remember feeling so proud and happy that we got to leave school! I remember telling Kelli and Brad all about it. I am in the front row, 4th from the left in the pink shirt.
This is our kindergarten picture and I'm in the front row on the left with the knee stains in my jeans. I was a complete tomboy and loved recess the best! I played soccer with all the boys at recess. One of my best friends, Krista, is in the red jumper, and I'm proud to say that we are still great friends to this day!


9 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, you started kindergarten the year I graduated from High School. I LOVE all your pictures and think it is wonderful that you are still friends with someone you went to kindergarten with.

Gretchen said...

Yay for lots of pictures! What a fun visual history. How cool that you have all those pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. What great memories to share with your children. You have such a happy writing style. I enjoyed reading!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. We started school the same year!

Pepper said...

Loved all the pictures, they were great! I loved that you have your baby book and were able to share excerpts from it. I loved the story of your dog and the stories of your siblings and hearing about what a great sister you were. LOL

Unknown said...

WOW - love all the pictures and the story of your siblings. I'm the oldest in my family too and its amazing how much everything changes as the family grows!
Amber :)

MommaHarms said...

Love reading about your having a sister - gives me hope for my sisters enjoying each other someday!

Mandi § said...

Loving these posts!!! I so remember Nugget! And Evan lloks just like Brad when he was little!

Kristina said...

Wow! The detail in your post is amazing! I also love all of the pictures and that you were able to quote from your baby book. That added a great touch!