Thursday, August 2, 2012

Best Olympic Memories

I remember growing up watching Carl Lewis in multiple Olympics.




1988   Jackie Joyner-Kersee. I loved watching her. I was 9 years old and remember being so amazed with her ability to perform in all of those track and field events. I had asthma growing up and I remember being in 4th grade and having an asthma attack at our elementary school track and field event. I connected with Jackie because I was so amazed that a big time athlete had it too. I had to learn how to cope with that and still be able to compete in sports. Love Jackie :)




1991, I was 12 years old and completely remember watching this routine and getting goosebumps from Kim's performance and from the crowd. Amazing. Can't believe it has been over 20 years since watching this! I know it's technically not the Olympics, but it was the Worlds Gymnastics Championship :)




1992 Dream Team Highlights. LOVED watching this team play. Unbelievable!!!






1996, I was a junior in high school and remember watching this being so inspired by her ability to finish, even on a bum ankle. I tried to remember that throughout my high school and college soccer career.





2008 Phelps come from behind win (by one one-hundredth of a second) for gold!




2012
Watching my college teammate play for Team GB! So proud of her!

0 comments: