Thursday, December 6, 2007

One proud momma

Today I brought Jack to work. At first I thought I was nuts agreeing with my kids that it would be fun to have him at school...and of course they were right. It was fun! He was SO sweet and good and caring and did not jump on any of them! woohoo! We are working on fiction writings with the main characters being animals and some of my kids are using Jack as the main character, so they wanted me to bring him in. They are also drawing their own illustrations, so our art teacher came down to our classroom and talked about proportion and sketching, using Jack as a live model. Jack stayed all day (Mike was off today and was a phone call away if things didn't go as planned) and was perfect....I was impressed and SO proud. I was one proud momma! He is so tired and is going to sleep soundly tonight! And to top of the great day...it's SNOWING! We have about 2-3 inches. :) Yeah! I doubt they'll call off school tomorrow...but a girl can hope can't she?!
Snoozing...he was SO tired by the end of the day. :)
One of my students even brought a bone for Jack...as you can see, he's obsessed with 'em!
This was the cutest thing ever. One of my students drew a picture of the Laughlin family...Mike is on the left saying "At a boy!", Jack is saying "Arf", and I am saying "Come here Jack". He even signed his name and everything! TOO CUTE!!!

6 comments:

Sarah Beth and David said...

Kasey can I borrow him tomorrow? hehe...That is so much fun. I love you guys. You look really cute in the drawing. That boy really likes his teacher. kasey, I bet you are so great with your kids. Man...what a fun idea. Have a great night you two!

Heather S. said...

Good boy, Jack!

That drawing is awesome! What a great artist!

Dan and Amanda said...

Awww! Jack is such a good dog. :)

Miss ya. Amanda

Erin said...

now how come MY lab won't do that? Heck, I can't even keep mine from eating a hole in the backyard fence!

Remind me when she'll grow out of this...

Erin said...

now how come MY lab won't do that? Heck, I can't even keep mine from eating a hole in the backyard fence!

Remind me when she'll grow out of this...

Katie said...

Oh, I love this post!! Jack is amazing! Daisy would have barked all day and Sammie would have eaten something or someone...