Saturday, January 7, 2012

1 week

Here we are one week into the new year.
I have lots of thoughts swirling around in my head, so this post is going to be all over the place. Some good, some bad...here we go! :)


We still haven't totally unpacked from our Midwest trip to Indy and Nashville. Packing I do not mind...it's the unpacking that seems so hard. Why is that? I guess it's good that we haven't totally unpacked yet since we are going up to Iowa next weekend.


It was a rough morning around our house today, which is why this momma needed a break and is writing this at Starbucks. Thanks Dan and Amanda for the gift card! Both boys were up at 5:30 am...way too early. I tried getting Alex back to bed, but he wasn't feeling well. Did I mention that he has double pink eye???  Yeah...no fun trying to get eye drops into crusty, matted down eyes. Poor guy. Mike got up with the boys and let me sleep in for another hour. Grateful for that since Alex was up three times last night. Anyway, Evan was a tad tired and whiny and he kicked me in the chest...the same side that has mastitis. Did I mention that I had that again? Yeah...well I do, and it hurts so bad! Not thinking and just reacting from the intense pain, I smacked Evan in the leg trying to get him off of me. He started crying, Mike started saying not nice things to me, and I started saying not nice things back. Anyway, it was a morning for a do-over. Anyone else have those types of mornings? I try to be positive and happy on this blog, but sometimes I just need to vent about the not fun stuff.


Please say a prayer for my niece, Mallory. Yesterday she had to have a biopsy done on her lymph nodes to see if she has Hodgkins Lymphoma. She was so brave yesterday during the procedure and now they must wait a week for the results. Pray for my sister and brother in law...having to wait a week will be so hard.


Even though I am teaching part time...15 hours a week. I have a full time job. I am at 4 schools, but have 30 students. This is tough. My department knows this, but there is nothing they can do...I can't get paid more and don't think I can ask for more hours. Even if I did, I don't want to work more hours right now. I love getting time to spend with Alex one on one while Evan is at preschool. I think I am just feeling overly stressed because testing is next week. This is a huge test for the ELL students and trying to find time and get all of the testing in (when I am only at the school one day a week) is going to be challenging. I will be getting some help, but getting it all done, with three different levels of testing and 6 grade levels is stressing me out.


I used a couple of gift cards yesterday to buy some new running shoes. I want to get back in shape. I am planning on signing up for this. I think it will be a blast to do! I have a bike, I have shoes...just need to start slowly to train. I'm excited to try! Any one close by want to do this with me???

And because I haven't posted any video in awhile...

Evan and his breast pump "horn"




 Alex and his belly laugh



Man, I love those boys!!!!

Mike and I had a movie night last night and watched Friends with Benefits with Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. A funny, funny movie! I was laughing aloud many many times!

We also opened our monthly dates for February and March. February we are headed to the Fox theater in St. Louis to see West Side Story (thanks Mom for the tickets!) and also another date to go ice skating! :) March we are going to go see The Hunger Games movie! Mike and I both read the books and are so excited to see this. Another idea I put in the envelope is to go see, Josh Arnold, a comedian that I went to high school with. He was a year older and I knew of him, but don't know him...(does that make sense)? Anyway, he is going to be at the comedy club here in town and we are possible going to go see him.
I'm excited to have the rest of the months opened too! :)


This totally is true and made me appreciate all of the difficult days, happy moments, and our everyday life at this moment in time. It does go by too quickly and even though it is stressful in the moments, they are only little once. Thank you Nicole...I totally needed this today!

This is long enough...so if you've read the whole thing...thanks! Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Krista Tope said...

Hang in there woman! There must be a nasty eclipse blocking the perfect alignment of our stars and moons :) Per my horoscope, this too shall pass! :) I've had an awful last couple of weeks myself. Being a mom and a wife is one of the hardest jobs in the world no doubt, and you are entitled and deserve a day off and a day to yourself (or at least a morning with Starbucks!). A big, fat extra dirty martini always makes me feel better :) (maybe that's in order later toady). Love you blog and hope your day gets brighter. I'm always here is you need anything at all! Love you. BF Forever :)

Michelle Haner Fitness said...

Oh goodness. I hope things get better and everyone gets well. I don't bike, don't have one, but I wanna get back in shape too. I am THINKING about running (but once it's cold that will be a challenge ha!) If I get up to running again It would be fun to hit a trail sometime.

Also I would be interested in comedy. Could be fun to get together for that. Maybe the guys can meet? Haha. Yes, I get "I know him, but don't know him" I'm in same boat. I remember his acts at talent shows at Stanton.

Oh yes and YEAH for Hunger Games :)
Hope the day gets better.

Heather S. said...

Wow! Kasey, this could almost be my post! Maybe I should copy and paste and just change the names. Just kidding!
Anyway, I totally understand how you feel today. However, you are a fantastic mom and wife and don't let the rough days get you down!! Praying for you today!!

agirlnamedgay said...

Good luck making it through! some days and weeks are just harder. hope your students' test results are good and that your own kids get to feeling better and sleeping.

Laura Kurz said...

Glad to know you have rough days too. :) I'm so sorry about Mallory - please keep us posted. Scary but I'll stay hopeful for her. My friend sent me this today and I think it's so good: http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-disk/
(I told her some day I will see a young mother at Starbucks with kids our age and I will say to her: "You are in the thick of it. It only gets better" and then I will buy her a vente drink. Ha!