Thursday, November 10, 2011

Gratitude: Day 10

Today I am thankful for doctors, nurses and anyone who takes care of people.
We are finally on the mend...all of us! :)
Evan got his picc line out on Tuesday. Our health care nurse, Teri, came over to get it out. She is the same nurse who took care of me when I had mine when I was pregnant with Alex. Thankfully everything is okay (except for Evan having an allergic reaction to the tape) also, it isn't as bad as mine was since he only had his in 10 days.
When we got home from the hospital, I also found out I had mastitis. Ugh! I was in so much pain and had to keep nursing Alex. Thankfully my doctor called in a prescription for pain meds and antibiotics. During the week I was on the demerol for pain, it made Alex stopped up and he didn't poo the entire time! I had to give him prune juice through a syringe since he refuses a bottle. Thankfully I am on the mend and Alex has succeeded in that department :)
Never a dull moment here.
So thankful for modern medicine and doctors and nurses! :)

0 comments: