Saturday, November 24, 2007

'O Christmas Tree

We went and did it! We bought our 1st Christmas Tree....we have had this scrawny little tree that did the job, but I've always wanted something bigger. So, we went out yesterday "not" for black Friday...and I say not because we HAD to go out because our car wouldn't start and we had to get it checked out. It turns out the battery was dead so while we were waiting for it to be fixed, we shopped....at Walmart. Yes, we were out for black Friday at one of the 24/7 busiest places . It turns out, it actually wasn't too bad. Weird, I know! We bought a 7.5 fake fir tree and I LOVE IT! It looks so good in our house! Do you enjoy real trees or fake ones???? We also put up all of our decorations yesterday and they put me in the holidays spirit!!! Yeah! Our Christmas shopping is done and I am going to finish wrapping presents today during the Mizzou vs. Kansas Game! GO MIZZOU!!!! Have a great Saturday!!!

Our new tree...still need to put up the ornaments...

Love the Hallmark singing penguins, dogs, and snowmen!

Kissing bears!!! xoxoxo

Love my new candles (from Kohls)

Snowman central...

The present room....hoping to get it all wrapped today!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kasey you're my hero!!!! House finished and presents bought??? That's insane! Miss ya, Amanda

Swartzie said...

Thankks for thiking of me! You are always so caring :) I would like to say this....You get 9 kudos for etting a fake tree. And I will gtell you why. You save time every year by not having to go out and pick one, save tme by not having to dispose of it, save time and money trying to keep the nedles iff he floor, sap out of the carpet, bugs out of the house...not to mention any other little critters...Christmas Vacation always make me think of it. PLUS! Some people, like me... Are very sensitive toreal trees inside of the house. I get somewhat of an allergic reation, and I get nauseated and have mild breathing troubles... If they were out in the wild, I can handle it. I think if a real tree is in the house, your windows are usually closed so the frsh iar can't get in an that's why.

But anyhow....On top of all the kudos, it's more economical, eco-friendly, and easier tohave a fake tree. I hope I gave you enough pats on the back for the that. I have always been a believer that a real tree is kinda wasteful.

You also get props for gtting your stuf up so early. I, on one hand, absolutly DETEST Xmas decor. All of it. Putting it up, taking it down, buying it, seeing it everywhre, accidentally setting it off ton play Xmas songs....

I wish you a holiday filled with blessings. And thank you again for being a little light in my dark little tunnel :)

Swartzie said...

And yeah, I am going to the store today in hopes of getting that compressed air for the keyboard. The typos are getting ridiculous!

Swartzie said...

here you go....
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=9606027176