Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 1 and 2...Branson Trip

This might be boring for some, but I wanted to have it down for memories sake. :) Enjoy!
Day 1 and 2
Friday and Saturday was spent unpacking in our 2 room condo and heading to Silver Dollar City. We did the Splash and Play pass and if you ever go, I highly recommend it. :) We got three days/nights at Silver Dollar City as well as White Water. If you went after three pm the first day, you got a 4th day, so that's what we did. We unpacked and headed there and had a great relaxing Friday night at the park. We saw a lot of the park and rides and it wasn't crowded at all, which was perfect!

Heading in :)

Evan and I rode one of the rides where you can get wet, needless to say, he wasn't a huge fan, but did like the "boat."
 Our after pic...classic!
 Heading back to our place after a great night.

The next day, didn't start off on the best foot. We had planned to get to the park right when it opened, at 10 am. We left our place around 8:30 am, (it took about 30 minutes to get there usually). We were driving there, and all of a sudden, we hear Evan throwing up in the back. Of course, it was on a road that didn't have anywhere to turn off. We had to wait about 5 minutes before we found a place to pull over and try to clean him and the car up. Of course, we didn't have another change of clothes for him. :( We cleaned him and the car up, and drove around trying to find another change of clothes for him. Luckily, there was an outlet mall. :) I ran into Old Navy, grabbed 2 outfits from the clearance racks, paid, got E dressed and headed back to Silver Dollar City. Thankfully, he wasn't sick, and probably just got car sick from the twisty roads. But, we got to Silver Dollar City later than we wanted too.

Also, unfortunately, it was St. John's Hospital friends and family day. There were an extra 25,000 people in the park. :( It was hot, crowded, and even though it took almost an hour, just to park and get to the front gate, it was a great day!

Evan enjoying the train!

 We also rode the carousel, where Evan found a little girlfriend. They kept trying to hold hands :)
I think he's already embarrassed by him mom taking a picture...I think he turned around and said, "mom?!" ;)

Loved the dinosaur museum! He was captivated by them. :)

 I think Mike was a little scared too ;)

Overall, a great first couple of days! Oh, did we mention, that Evan figured out how to climb out of the pack-n-play as well? Yeah...that was fun! :( Mike did manage to get him to fall asleep, by swaddling him and laying with him in the big bed, but never slept for very long. Needless to say, E was sleep deprived for some of the day! Oh well. That's what vacations are for, right??? memories!