Tuesday, April 20, 2010

24 hours

  • Not the best 24 hours... Evan started running a high fever yesterday afternoon. At first it started at 100* and then quickly climbed up to 103* by midnight. The after hours nurse told us to continue giving him motrin and tylenol and to continue to check his temperature; we also called our doctor and had scheduled an appointment for this morning since he's been sick for 3 weeks and the dr. said if his temperature went up that he wanted to see Evan again. The on call nurse also said that if got to be 104* to come on in. Thankfully it didn't get any higher than 103*. Still...it was a rough night. Evan was definitely not himself. Lethargic, unhappy, and just so hot. Mike and I felt so bad for him because there was nothing that we could do. He was up every 2 hours and we are hoping tonight is better. 

  • The doctor appointment this morning was okay. His temperature when we got there was 101* and his ears looked fine. Our doctor checked his throat and said that it looked like cobblestones and that he probably has a sinus infection since he is so congested. Evan is on amoxicillian and I gave him the first dose when we got home. After his nap, around 1 pm, when he woke up, he was so hot and I was actually scared to take his temperature. Once I did, it was 105* I had never read a thermometer that high. I took it three times and the highest was 105.4. I called the doctor back and he told me to give him both motrin and tylenol together instead of alternating and to call back if it didn't go down in 30-45 minutes. Thankfully, it did. He is now at 101* and sleeping. I'm hoping our little guy is feeling better soon because there is nothing worse as his mom than seeing him so sick and knowing that there is nothing you can really do. Thank you to those that left comments on my facebook and sent emails thinking of us and hoping/praying that Evan is back to his happy little self soon!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness! I can't imagine looking at your baby boy with such a high fever. Hope he is feeling better soon!!

Laura said...

I can't imagine seeing a temp that high. Take care of yourselves! Wish I could be there to help.

jenny said...

oh! i would have freaked seeing a temp that high. poor little guy. i hope that he gets over what ever is going on in his little body. take care of yourself too. hugs!