Tuesday, July 19, 2011

sleep???

This guy LOVES to sleep...completely different than his older brother who was not a great sleeper when he was little. I guess I need reassurance that it is normal :) He's been sleeping from about 10:30-11pm until 4 am. One night he even slept from 10 pm- 6 am! Then, during the day his naps are usually good, except a couple of times he slept from 4 pm-9 pm and then another night from 3 pm to 9:45 pm (when I woke him up!). Is this okay...do I need to wake him to feed him??? I'm nursing and he's doing a good job with that and I know he is growing, but still. With Evan he was an awful sleeper at the beginning, so I'm just not sure. Is it okay to leave him sleeping during the day/evening that long? Is it going to mess with my milk supply? Is 7-8 hours of solid sleep too much or is he old enough to do that now? ;) Thank you for your help! :)




5 comments:

Amber said...

I can't remember how old he is, but I would say that it's totally fine! Drake slept a lot when he was little, too. I'm not sure how it will affect your supply though. If sleeping the same schedule consistently, would you consider pumping?

lina said...

well, he certainly looks happy & handsome as all get out!! When he gets hungry he will definitely wake up & let you know :)

Nicole said...

WOW he is darling! He looks so similar to Evan but yet so different.

Jaime said...

James usually goes to bed b/t 9 and 10 and sleeps to 5:30. And I stopped waking him up to nurse him. But during the day we don't let him go more than a couple hours without eating (but his weight is lower than Alex's), so I don't know! It is so difficult trying to figure all of this stuff out!

Heather S. said...

Our rule of thumb was as long as they were growing/gaining weight - never wake a baby in the middle of the night, but keep to a regular schedule during the day. Most people dream of the day their babies sleep that well. Consider yourself blessed!! He is precious!!