Thursday, June 23, 2011

New York...day 2

Woke up bright and early to start our day. We headed to the subway and took the train down to Battery Park to take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty. We had a great train ride and no one got lost or missed the train. There was about 15-20 of us all together and we didn't want to lose anyone! :) As soon as we got off the subway, we ran into the taping of Men in Black III. We didn't see Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones, but we did see where Will's trailer was. Seeing the Statue of Liberty was very cool! We had to go through security to get on the ferry and couldn't go up very high in the statue like you used to be able to, but it was a great experience and breathtaking looking back towards the city.








We walked down towards Ground Zero and it was very sad...I can't believe it has almost been 10       
years since 9/11 and they are still rebuilding and making the memorial. Lots of people lost their lives and while we were down there, that's all I could think about. The last time I was down by ground zero was in 2000 and it was a cloudy day, so you couldn't see all the way to the top of the towers.




On the way to Martine's house...


The kiddos (minus Evan) :)


Loved being able to see my roomies from college and catch up! Thanks Moose for driving and coming to get me and taking me back to the theater!!!!

Nitehawk Theater!!!!! My cousin Matthew has been planning this for a LONG time! We are so excited and proud of him. It opens this Friday, June 24th and had three theaters. Here is the link to the webpage and you can also find them on facebook! If you are ever in Williamsburg in Brooklyn GO THERE! It was such a great experience and Matthew has worked so hard. We were definitely missing his mom, my Aunt Barb. She would've been SO proud of him.












A great night at a great place!!!
A great experience and I wish Matthew and Rebecca all the best. :)
(below photos from Nitehawk Cinema's facebook page)








1 comments:

Laura Kurz said...

I want to go see a movie there! How very cool. And so neat that so many of your family members went to support him. I'm sure your Aunt is very proud of him.