Wednesday, October 21, 2009

busy, busy, busy...

Here are some things going on lately in the Laughlin household...

  • Getting ready to head to Florida...we are finally using our timeshare to head to Fort Lauderdale/Westin/Miami. I'm excited to head back down there...Florida International Univ. is where I went to college and played soccer, so I'm happy to head back to campus and see all that has changed, see my college roomie and her adorable family, and the beach!!! My mom is going to come with us, so that should be fun. My dad unfortunately can't fly (inner ear problems) so he is going to go hunting instead. I'm excited to take Evan to the beach and see his reaction when he touches the sand! Mike has to work the Mizzou homecoming game on Saturday night, so I know he is going to be exhausted on Sunday morning at 5 am when we head to St. Louis. At least he can sleep on the drive and possible the flight! We are so thankful for his parents and Dave and Sarah to watch Jack and our house while we are gone.
  • Christmas shopping...I have 11 gifts bought and 6 gifts to make still. I am still having a hard time finding/making gifts for my brother and for Mike's brothers. Why are boys SO hard to shop for? I love shopping and finding the right gifts or making gifts for friends and family. I love trying to do it on a budget too....it's like a challenge to get the most bang for your buck! ha!
  • Grad school....yes, still doing grad school work and right now I'm almost done with the ELL endorsement. Then, only three more glasses to finish my masters. I'm SO excited to be done. The good thing is this semester's work isn't too bad. We had to do 30 hours and we have readings each week and then a paper at the end. completely manageable...thank goodness!
  • Messes...Now that Evan is sleeping better and only getting up once a night, his diaper in the morning weighs about 12.5 pounds! He usually pees through the diaper and his pajamas! What do moms do???? I don't want to wake him up in the middle of the night to change him, but should I? Help please! A pee soaked little boy in the morning is not fun!
  • I think that's it for now! :) Happy Wednesday everyone!!!! Also, Happy Birthday Kayla!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

We went and got night-time diapers the day after the first night Charlie went a really long stretch because I swore he woke up because he was covered in pee. LOL.

They only had them at Babies R'Us in 3s, which is a bigger size, but it works! And it weighs a TON in the morning! I actually heard you could also just use a bigger diaper. But these night-time ones are made of plastic, I think. LOL.

Jenn said...

We are having the same diaper issue! A friend told me to point "it" down...we have and it's been doing the trick! Our little guy sleeps 12 hours a night and we haven't had any wet jammies or sheets since.

K.M.L said...

Just went to get the night time diapers so we'll see how it goes. Jenn...we already point it down...it's just way too much! ha! :) Thanks for the advice ladies!

FourFullers said...

I always went to the Huggies Supreme! They always worked for Austin and we had the same issues with him! They are the best I have ever found at keeping baby dry and happy at night!