Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Sept. 15th 2008

A day I will NEVER forget. I woke up and took a pregnancy test. It was day 28 of my cycle. Things just felt different. I watched as 2 pink lines appeared on the stick and seriously had the goofiest grin on my face. Mike had to work late on Sunday night, so he was very tired. I hopped back in bed to wake him up and I said, "Honey...I think we are pregnant!" He said "what?!" I said "Well...a few days ago I took a test and there was only 1 line, and now there are two lines!" We both agreed to wait until we were 100% sure just because we've been waiting forever to share this great news. It was SO hard to keep this a secret all day Monday. Seriously. I wanted to let people know and it was hard to wait. :) I went to get a blood test after school on Monday and Monday night was the longest night ever. Mike was at work and Katie (the nurse) said she was going to call once she got the results. Well, 8:30 passes and I'm thinking there is no way she will call. And finally at 8:45 she calls and says "I thought you'd want to know the results." I am waiting quietly, my heart pounding in my chest. She says "Congrats! You're pregnant!" I think I said "shut up" to her because I couldn't believe it. I was in shock. She said "I will not shut up because you are going to have a baby!" She was so excited for us! Katie told me that the baby will be due around the end of May or beginning of June. Ahhh...a summer baby, right at the end of school....God is SO good and perfect with his timing. He knew our plan all along :) We are having a baby!!!!

7 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

Congratulations Kasey! That is so awesome! Here is to a happy and healthy pregnancy! Maybe twins?

Heather S. said...

Yea! Congrats!! We are so happy for you!!

Leslie Collins said...

Oh my gosh! Congrats, Kasey. I am so happy for you guys. It's funny, Nic & I were together the other night and we were talking about you and when you might know. How awesome.

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

Kasey I couldn't help but cry when I read your blog. I'm so happy for you and Mike!!

Abby Larson said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Read your news from my sister Melanie's blog.

Gina said...

Kasey,
Rodney and I couldn't be happier for you guys. This is awesome news. BTW, Will was due the exact same time and I have to say it's a great time to have a baby. Congratulations!!!