Thursday, December 6, 2012

catch up time...

  • There needs to be more hours in the day...I can not catch up with anything right now. Laundry, housework, teaching, wrapping gifts, organizing...I am hoping that over winter break I can catch up on a few of these things. This is the first year that I am working full time with kids and seriously, trying to get everything ready for the holidays is tough. I wanted to be able to do a countdown calendar to Christmas or Random Acts of kindness every day, but man, I just can't. By the time I get home from picking up the boys from preschool/babysitter, it's time to make dinner, baths, and bedtime. I just think it will take getting used to and try to at least do one of the Christmas ideas every other day or a few times a week. 

  • We tried Elf on the Shelf this year...Evan was NOT a fan. We read through the book together, and once he realized he was sitting in the Christmas tree, he was freaked out. He gave him a name, Jingle, but he doesn't want him to come to our house or do anything....so, I guess we will try again next year. 

  • Over 100 small shots laters...Just found out that I am allergic to milk, soy, eggs, beef, wheat, baker's yeast, brewer's yeast, tomatoes, potatoes, chocolate, peanuts, all trees, grass, mold, dust, cats, dogs, horses, and feathers... Still not sure how I feel about all of this and the changes that are going to have to happen. I can only eat meat, fruits, and veggies for awhile. Hopefully then with allergy drops I can slowly start introducing stuff back in my diet to see what I can tolerate and I what I can't.
  • Headed to St. Louis tomorrow after work...Mike and I are going to take Evan to see Batman Live. So excited! Then, Saturday morning we are headed to Iowa for a wedding. Busy weekend!!

0 comments: