Thursday, May 21, 2009

Birthday thoughts

Today is my 30th birthday! As I sit here and reflect over the past 30 years I am so grateful and thankful for everything and everyone in my life. People I've met, choices I've made whether they've been right or wrong, and decisions I've made have brought me to this point in my life and I'm so blessed. I've learned so many things over the years and so many wonderful memories come to mind about my childhood, teen years, college years, and life since college. I'm truly amazed at the great life I have, even the ups and downs, happy and sad, good and bad times has blessed my life. Now as my husband and I prepare to welcome our son to the world I've realized that the only thing I need in this world is love. Mike and I can't wait to meet Evan whenever he decides to arrive! As this new chapter of my life starts it is a new beginning, a new chance to learn about myself growing older and becoming a mom, to care more about others, to laugh more, to accomplish more and to be more than I was yesterday. To my own mom, thank you so much for going through your long labor to let me enter the world, thank you for everything you've done for me growing up and even now! I am so thankful for you and Dad and so blessed to have grown up in a great family with great parents and pretty terrific siblings! Happy 30th birthday to me!!!! I can't wait to see what the next year holds for me and my family!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Happy birthday!!!! I hope you have a great day, enjoy it :)

heather said...

Happy Birthday Friend!
We love you so much and are glad we have had the privilege of being a part of your thirty years so far :)
Have a great day celebrating YOU and we can't wait to see you (again!) this weekend!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! I turn the big 33 today!

Melanie said...

The big 3-0! I count my blessings a lot more often with Marek here. I totally know what you mean!

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hopefully Evan will arrive in the next few days!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! My brother turned 30 today as well....neat!!