Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 2:55 PM
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 3:05 PM
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TEACHER? by Jeff Foxworthy
- You can hear 25 voices behind you and know exactly which one belongs to the child out of line.
- You get a secret thrill out of laminating something.
- You walk into a store and hear the words "It's Ms Mr. _________" and know you have been spotted.
- You have 25 people that accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another.
- You can eat a multi-course meal in under twenty-five minutes.
- You've trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day: lunch and prep period.
- You start saving other people's trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
- You believe the teachers' lounge should be equipped with a margarita machine.
- You want to slap the next person who says "Must be nice to work 7 to 3 and have summers off."
- You believe chocolate is a food group.
- You can tell if it's a full moon without ever looking outside.
- You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if anyone says "Boy, the kids sure are mellow today."
- You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
- You believe in aerial spraying of Ritalin.
- You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
- You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
- You can't pass the school supply aisle without getting at least five items!
- You ask your friends if the left hand turn he just made was a "good choice or a bad choice."
- You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils
- You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer and finally,
- You understand instantaneously why a child behaves a certain way after meeting his or her parents.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:17 AM
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 5:12 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 5:05 PM
- 20 years ago I . . .
- was in 3rd grade
- was probably riding my dirt bike
- was probably playing soccer with my sister outside
- 10 years ago I . . .
- was in my first year of college at FIU finishing up the soccer season
- living on my own with some great roommates
- was enjoying the Florida sun
- 5 years ago I . . .
- was finishing planning our Dec. wedding
- was in my first year of teaching
- was thrilled when I met the love of my life in such a short amount of time
- 3 years ago I . . .
- was getting ready to move to Columbia with Mike and our dog Gracie
- was teaching 4th grade
- spent a lot of time back and forth to St. Louis to see my family
- 1 year ago I . .
- was wondering if Mike was ever going to recover from his car accident
- was enjoying a great summer NOT teaching summer school
- was playing fetch with our puppy Jack
- So far this year I . . .
- am amazed at how fast a year really does go by...
- painted 3 rooms and put down a new kitchen floor
- have had 3 surgeries and hopefully no more!
- Yesterday I . . .
- was recovering from getting hit by a deer
- watched a movie with my husband
- planned our fall conferences with another teacher
- Today I . . .
- am making beer bread
- watching football and still recovering from that darn deer
- will enjoy the last evening of the weekend before school resumes on Monday
- Tomorrow I. . .
- will be teaching about polygons and wearing a tie for tie day
- will have a teacher's meeting after school
- will have a relaxing evening with my husband
- In the next year I will . . .
- hopefully meet our first child
- take a mini-vacation/girls' weekend away to Chicago during Spring Break
- go celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary with my hubby
Posted by K.M.L at 2:58 PM
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 8:46 AM
Friday, October 19, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 10:32 AM
Posted by K.M.L at 10:13 AM
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 10:23 AM
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
- Love my new phone! Our contracts expired so Mike and I decided we needed to upgrade
- Fall is finally here! I absolutely love that it is chilly outside and that I can wear light sweaters and jeans!
- We have a basketball hoop that we've seriously only used once! How crazy is that?!
- My nieces are SO stinkin' cute!!!
- I hope we have some trick-or-treaters this year...last year, we only had a handful!
- Why are Mike and I so accident prone? He has to now see a hip specialist from his accident a couple of weekends ago and I had to have a colonoscopy today. Yesterday was the WORST day. Preparing for it was the WORST thing I've ever done. It was even worse than a hang over. More on why I had to have it later...
Posted by K.M.L at 3:57 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 2:02 PM
Posted by K.M.L at 1:43 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2007
- Hopefully this isn't too much of a downer post...some things just aren't going right lately!
- The first day of fall comes and guess what...I get sick! :( I seriously thought my nose was going to fall off. I went through a WHOLE box of kleenex in 3 hours while I was teaching. My kiddos were calling me Rudolph and I let them...I didn't care. I really did look like him with the big 'ol red nose.
- Mike was injured in the big Mizzou-Nebraska game. He was on bike patrol and him and another officer were on their way to a call where 20-30 people were fighting. He and the other officer took off down the hill and some idiot didn't get out of the way. Mike had to slam on the brakes and flew over the handlebars. He had to get up and go to the call but reality didn't hit until after the game how sore/hurt he was. Monday he went to get xrays and all that stuff because he landed on his bad shoulder. The xrays came out okay for his hip, shoulder, elbow but his back has a disk out of place and they think that is from his ribs swelling. So....he goes back next Tues. to see if it is better and when he can go back to work. So now he is on worker's comp. since the dept. doesn't have light desk duty.
- We originally were going to go to Indy to celebrate Mallory's 3rd birthday but Mike had to work...well now he doesn't because of his "extra" vacation...bad news...now I do for our school's chicken bbq.
- Today is our elementary school's annual chicken bbq where we raise about $25,000 for our school. And it is raining.... :( I hope it stops soon. I am working the drive through from 5-7 pm and I don't want to get wet! The good news is that our class sold the most tickets...we sold 120! They rocked! I think we get to celebrate with a pizza party next week.
- We were thinking of going to Callaway Farms Pumpkin Patch and Maze today with the Morrisons, but we woke up and yes...you guessed again. It's raining. still. Our house has been shaking from the thunder that's going on. bummer! I was looking forward to seeing them!
Posted by K.M.L at 8:25 AM
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 9:12 AM