Happy Birthday Lynne! Hope you have a great day!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Posted by K.M.L at 12:47 PM
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Today I am thankful for a great church service, a little boy who says all done when he wants to take a nap, biscuits and gravy, sunshine, and that my literature review paper is done! Happy Sunday!
Posted by K.M.L at 11:50 AM
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Today I am thankful for our 18 month old! I can't believe E has been here for a year and a half and I can't imagine our lives with out him! Happy 18 month bday Evan Samuel!
Here are some pictures from our morning at Magic House. Happy Saturday!
Posted by K.M.L at 12:19 PM
Friday, November 26, 2010
Today I am thankful for family....I am also thankful I'm not out shopping on this crazy Black Friday day!
Posted by K.M.L at 12:28 PM
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Thankful for the holiday season, family, Christmas lights, and a ketchup faced little boy!
We took these on Tuesday night at a neighborhood park. Today we are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving day with my parents, grandma, brother, sister and my two boys. Hope you have a wonderful day as well.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:43 AM
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Thanks Jenny!!! ;)
rule #1: people who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.
rule #2: tag 4 people to do this quiz and they cannot refuse. these people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by. continue this game by sending it to other people.
1. if you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
They are definitely part of the family.
2. if you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
to cure cancer and to not have to worry about money.
3. what is the one thing most hated by you?
people who are mean.
4. what would you do with a billion dollars?
wow! If I had a billion dollars I would definitely like to go on vacation to many countries. I would like to buy a new car and a new house. I would also donate money to area schools, our church, and to help find a cure for cancer. I would also like to have a cleaning lady, cook, and a chef! :)
5. what helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
A long bubble bath, a good book or talking to my sister, sister in law, and hubby.
6. which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
7. what is your bedtime routine?
Brush my teeth, turn on the side light, read a book for awhile, then play scrabble on my phone for awhile. :)
8. if you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
We met through a friend where I worked.
9. if you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
It would have to be Julia Roberts or Brad Pitt while they are making a movie
10. what kinds of books do you buy?
Any kind :) I love anything that is a good story...children's books are at the top of the list though!
11. how would you see yourself in ten years time?
hopefully by then I'll be enjoying my work, whether that is in or out of the home, I'll have a 10 year old and an almost 12 year old! wow! I'd like to make sure that family is still a priority and that we are getting ready to go on vacation...to somewhere warm!
12. what’s your fear?
Losing a loved one, the dark, natural disasters...
13. would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Ummm...no way considering I'm scared of heights and the idea of outer space makes me queasy just thinking about it.
14. would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
i'm already married and poor and money is nice, but I'd like to be married to my hubby :)
15. what’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Go to the bathroom...
16. if you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
that the mustache would be shaved...soon!
17. if you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I have no idea!
18. would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
(This is Jenny's answer and it is so true...I completely agree) it is real easy to say you will forgive and forget. it's not so easy actually doing it. so, i guess it depends on the situation and who is in need of forgiveness.
19. if you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
This is really hard since my cravings from this pregnancy seem to change almost every day...I guess I would have to say a philly cheesesteak with waffle fries....
and now i tag ... Tamara, Heather S., Mandy, and Amber
Posted by K.M.L at 1:00 PM
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
I am thankful for fake mustaches for funny pictures and I'm also thankful that Movember is almost over so my hubby can shave his off! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 9:54 AM
Monday, November 22, 2010
Today I am thankful for a Mizzou basketball win this weekend and watching Evan interact with his cousins! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 9:20 AM
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Oh, The Places You’ll Go
- If you could live in any home on a TV series which would it be? Keeping up with the Kardashians
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep? 48 hours with our after high school graduation/lock in party
- What’s your fave Barry Manilow song? Ummm...don't have one
- Who’s your fave Muppet? Gonzo
- What the habit you’re proudest of breaking? I'm trying hard to stop cracking my knuckles...don't think I've broke other habits...
- What’s your favorite website? Google Reader
- What’s your favorite school supply? notebooks and colorful pens
- Who’s your favorite TV attorney? Have no idea...
- What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles? Trip to St. Louis
- What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or junk shop? Cozy Coupe Car for $5
- Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001? In a macro economics class at Florida International University
- What’s your favorite tree? Maple and Weeping Willow
- What’s the most interesting biography you’ve read? Can't think of one now...
- What do you order when you eat Chinese food? Crab Rangoon and Sweet and Sour Chicken
- What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn? Punky Brewster as a kid on Halloween
- What’s your least favorite word? derogatory words
- If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be? Indiana
- Describe something that’s happened to you for which you have no explanation. ????
- Who’s your favorite bear? Paddington Bear
- If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be? Kenya
- What did you have for lunch yesterday? Taco Bell
- Where do you go for advice? my parents, sister or hubby
- Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? thesaurus for grad school work
- Have you ever been snorkling or scuba diving? nope...don't like being underwater
Today I'm thankful for mindless question and answers to post while we hang out with family all day :)
Posted by K.M.L at 7:45 AM
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Today I am thankful for Evan's cousins, our nieces, Madison and Mallory. I'm also thankful for no tears when we saw Santa today! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 12:40 PM
Friday, November 19, 2010
Posted by K.M.L at 12:35 PM
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Posted by K.M.L at 3:29 PM
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Today I am thankful for bloggers....this post hit home today and definitely made me laugh and cry...
(I'm guessing the crying is from the hormones!) ;)
Alphamom has a wonderful post today about motherhood....below I've copied what she wrote. Enjoy!
Nothing really prepares you for becoming a mother. Sure, people tell you what to expect, but until you actually have a kid or two, their words mean nothing. Needles in your spine? Dignity lost on the delivery table? You think after hearing everyone’s labor delivery nightmare stories that nothing else will shock you.
The only thing that prepares you for motherhood is becoming a mother. And then you can have your own shocking realizations.
- Loneliness. Motherhood is very isolating. Even when I had several kids I described my life as being lonely in a crowd. Now that my kids are older I have moved past this stage, but I still think it is one of those things mothers don’t talk about much. Somehow it is taboo to admit that your baby doesn’t fulfill every last desire that you have.
- Your body will never be the same. I’m not sure why this one shocked me so much. Maybe because the magazines and TV are filled with celebrities who seem to look better than before they had children at 2 weeks postpartum. I was lucky enough not to get stretch marks, but I never looked the same. Some clothes didn’t quite fit right. And my last child gave me the gift of loose skin, basically my stomach looks like the face of a Shar-Pei. I sometimes fantasize about surgeries I might be required to have where I could have a tummy tuck done at the same time. What organ could I live without? A spleen? A slow rupturing appendix? It would have to be something which would allow me time to consult with a plastic surgeon.
- Every last corner of your home will be taken over with child stuff. It is amazing how one tiny baby can generate so much clutter. I consider myself something of a minimalist and still I felt like my home was being over run– first the swing, bouncy seats, garishly colored toys and later bins of Legos, toy swords, and play kitchens.
To see the rest...head over to Alphamom!
Posted by K.M.L at 10:48 AM
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Today I am thankful for:
- a nap in the middle of the day (thanks to Evan for taking a 2 hr and 15 minute nap!)
- a great doctor appointment...heartbeat was 163 :)
- satisfying my craving for potato skins at TGI Friday and having a great family dinner
Posted by K.M.L at 9:09 PM
Monday, November 15, 2010
Posted by K.M.L at 8:37 PM
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Today I am thankful for family days. We headed off to church and enjoyed a wonderful service and then came home to relax and nap before taking Evan to see Beauty and the Beast at the high school. He loved it and so did we!
Posted by K.M.L at 12:58 PM
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Today we are thankful for knowing our sweet niece for 9 wonderful years!!!
Happy 9th Birthday Madison Elaine!!! We love you!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:31 AM
Friday, November 12, 2010
I am thankful for my family...it was nice to be able to visit my Grandma before she has knee surgery on Monday. 4 generations....love it!
Posted by K.M.L at 8:10 PM
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Today I am thankful for my friends and blog friends. :) I love that they are there if I need parenting advice or great ideas on things to do with Evan. Today I do want some input...it's also Thursday so I had a few thoughts I'd like to write and I'd like your input as well!
The two topics are eating and sleeping...at the 1.5 year stage!
Eating: I want to know how much your kids eat/ate at this age. I feel like Evan eats a ton, but I have nothing to compare it to. For instance, at breakfast he eats an entire bowl of oatmeal and a banana. For lunch he eats a full peanut butter and jelly sandwich, a ton of fruit, and some animal crackers. For dinner he can eat 2 full pieces of pizza, veggies, and fruit. Plus 2 snacks a day! Is this normal??? I have no idea if this is too much, etc? He's 24 lbs. and has slowly gained weight the past 6 months...He was about 20 lbs. at his 1 year appt.
Another thing is sleeping. I'm so thankful that he is such a good sleeper. He normally goes to sleep around 6:30 and sleeps until 6:30-6:45 and sometimes even 7 am! He also takes a 1.5-3 hour nap a day...usually around 10:30 or 11 he goes down. Anyway, I'd love to hear what your kids did/do at this age with eating and sleeping. I know he's getting enough sleep, but is it too much???
Posted by K.M.L at 1:56 PM
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
13 weeks today!
Your pregnancy: 13 weeks
How your baby's growing:Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
Posted by K.M.L at 3:00 PM