Thursday, January 1, 2009

Diagnosis

Turns out it is kidney stones....ugh! We went to the hospital this morning, had to do a urine sample, blood work and they checked my uterus and cervix. Everything looks great baby wise. I only had one contraction while I was there so the back pain and cramping is the kidney stone. After getting the ultrasound, the tech was going to let us know if it is a girl or a boy, but the umbilical cord was between the legs so she didn't know for sure, so we still are waiting! I have some medicine to help with the pain and hopefully it will pass soon! Happy New Year! :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oye! Glad everything is OK! Baby was being modest. :)

Jenn said...

I'm sorry! I had these when I was about 33 weeks pregnant with my second daughter and I will never forget the pain, especially in my back! I ended up in the ER and then to L&D because they thought it might be early labor. It was the most awful pain, almost worse than labor because at least you get drugs and a baby out of the labor deal! Hang in there!

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

I know just how painfully those are. I had them so bad it made me puke. Glad the baby is doing good. So does this mean you are going to find out.....YAY!!!

Amanda said...

Feel better soon. I've never had kidney stones, but my cousin has many times and she says it's awful!!!! So sorry!