Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursday Thoughts

I was looking at Yahoo and came across this interesting article about pets. Click here to read it. This got me thinking about animals and if they REALLY know ahead of time if something is going to happen. I am sure you have all heard or know someone who has an animal such as a dog that help detect seizures, etc. I remember thinking back to the tsunami and listening to the reports, etc. about how the animals all went to higher ground before the water actually hit. Weird!? How do they know? These thoughts brings about my Thursday thoughts post. Do you think animals have a "sixth sense" about stuff? Do you notice your pet doing something kind of like this ahead of time before it actually happens? Does your dog act weird before a storm comes? Do you think that the cat in the article can actually predict death? This isn't the best post but I do want to know your thoughts! :) Other Thursday thoughts... Katie Heather Nicole Emilie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most definitely, I totally believe in animals having a sixth sense....I'm not sure why, but it seems like when around children, elderly, and the sickly.

Rocco always seems to notice when anything in our house is uneasy, if we're arguing, or sick, or anything that involves Donnie....actually there have been times when I'm not in the room and Rocco has barked if Donnie was into something he shouldn't have been.... like he knew he had to let me know!! Not only that, but also his protective nature over Donnie...he may be a little runt, but I know he would go against anything to help Donnie. Rocco also was right next to me when I was on bed rest due to my pregnancy, I had to just lay ALL day long & he was always right by my side...the WHOLE time, I'll never forget that it was soooo sweet!!

It's truly amazing how animals become like part of the family...how special they are to us.

heather said...

I've never had a pet personally do anything too "sixth sense" like that. The only story I have goes along with the stories you hear of animals trying to return to their previous home or if they get lost on vacation, they show up at home.

When we got married and Ryan left his "bachelor house", a good friend of ours took his spot in the house. This friend had lived only less than five miles away from the house before, but certainly had never walked there with his dog or even taken his dog over there until he moved in. Well a few days after he moved, his dog wandered off. We all searched the neighborhood, worried about her (the house was just a block from a very busy main road) and searched some more. Our friend decided to drive by his old house, and sure enough there was the dog. I could not believe she had made her way over there! -and survived the traffic!!

Animals can be pretty stinkin smart sometimes. (when they want to be, haha!)