Saturday, April 30, 2011
Posted by K.M.L at 12:09 PM
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
23 months! I am in awe at how fast these months went by. It seems like just yesterday you were born and now you are going to be a big brother in three weeks. You are definitely learning to voice your opinion and testing your boundaries, but we love you anyway! ;) You have a huge personality and love giving/blowing kisses to everyone. It's pretty cute to watch you. You love to say uh-oh if you see a baby crying or someone getting hurt/falling down. Hearing your voice in the morning saying ma-ma, da-da over and over again until we come in and get you is cute, except when it's before 7 am! :) Usually you wake up at 7 on the dot or a little after which is great...keep that up! Right now you are definitely in a picky eating stage...some days you won't eat hardly anything that we put in front of you and other times you gobble it all up. Each day is definitely a new adventure with food. This minute you are loving peanut butter raisin toast and ask for "toast" for breakfast and for both snacks. You are also only wanting to drink milk from your red cup. Ahhh...the "joys" of parenting! ha! You love naming colors everywhere we go and also your letters. Your favorites are green and red and the letters A, L, and O. I'm so excited to see you become a big brother Evan Samuel. We love you so much and can not believe that you are going to be 2 years old soon.
Love, Mommy and Daddy
Posted by K.M.L at 7:18 PM
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
It's Tuesday and I am...
- so sick of the rain
- getting my hospital bag packed
- wanting to go get a pedicure
- playing with Easter eggs and "hiding" them for Evan to find
- mentally preparing what we are going to have for dinner tonight....thinking Mexican casserole! yum!
- missing my nieces
- hoping to take some pictures of the baby's room today
- needing to get birthday, thank you, and anniversary cards ready to send for the months of May, June, July, and August
- hoping we have some sunshine this week!
- so thankful for my Monday night small group bible study gals...they threw me a surprise shower last night. It's the only one this little guy gets! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 9:01 AM
Monday, April 25, 2011
Saturday we went over to Mike's parents house to have Easter eve dinner with them and Dave and Sarah Beth. Evan had fun watching the horses, playing basketball and playing in the jumper.
Evan dunking on his Uncle :)
Yes, even the big boys had fun in the jumper ;)
Sarah and Dave got Evan some Easter egg play-doh and the cutest ball sprinkler for some fun this summer!
Sunday, Evan woke up and saw that the Easter bunny had come and had fun looking at his goodies. We had an amazing church service and a delicious lunch out. Spending the day at home, relaxing, and getting some projects done was perfect! Hope you had a great weekend as well!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:00 AM
Sunday, April 24, 2011
From our family to yours....
Love the entrance to the kid's area at church!
Looking at the fish outside the church pond
Posted by K.M.L at 7:51 PM
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday night we got together with some friends and Evan had his first "real" Easter egg hunt. The weather wasn't great, but the rain did manage to hold off for the most part. Our friends, Chrissy and Jim, threw a fantastic hunt. There were over 650 eggs!!! All stuffed with candy, stickers, or little toys. Unreal! And the crazy part is ALL of the eggs were picked up by the kids in less than 5 minutes. It was insane! Evan definitely had fun (even though he didn't want to be in the picture) :)
Posted by K.M.L at 8:13 PM
Thursday, April 21, 2011
- The other day I asked Evan what he wanted his brother's name to be. He said, "Ball" "Alright" and "Woody". Ha! I asked him the next day thinking he would say something totally different....Nope! He said the exact same three names. Needless to say...our child will NOT be named Ball, Alright, or Woody!
- I can't believe I have less than 30 days to go until we get to meet our son. It still seems crazy to me. After the long, horrible beginning part of the pregnancy, I feel like it went SO fast this time. 3 three day hospital stays, 2 staph infections, 20 lbs lost, 2 Picc lines in my arm with 24 hours of continuous zo-fran (one picc line going into my jugular vein and having to be replaced), and hardly any memory of the fall weather/activities from being so sick....I'm so thankful for this healthy baby.
- Some books I've recently read that I wanted to share: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption By Laura Hillenbrand; Bringing Adam Home by Les Standiford; and Night Road by Kristin Hannah. Does anyone have any new books they've recently read that you recommend??? Thank you! :)
- Evan didn't love the Easter bunny this year... we went to see him and when it was his turn he kept saying "No...no...no...no" over and over again. Mike had to sit with him and even then it wasn't the best picture moment. In Evan's defense, the Bass Pro bunny was pretty sketchy looking! ha!
- We dyed Easter eggs last night and Evan had fun! It was cute to hear him say what color he wanted the eggs to be and he especially liked the Toy Story theme :)
Posted by K.M.L at 2:02 PM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Posted by K.M.L at 12:03 PM