Wednesday, November 11, 2009

more prayers please

Remember my Aunt Barbara? Well, we just found out that her husband, my Uncle Mark also has lung cancer. I am just in utter shock. Barbara just went through her second round of chemo at Johns Hopkins and they had to drain fluid from her lung. Now, Uncle Mark is going to have surgery soon to have some of his lung taken out. Our family is going to take turns helping and wish we could do more. I want to help out my cousin Matthew, because having both parents within a month diagnosed with cancer is overwhelming I'm sure. Plus he is getting his new business started, so he has a lot on his plate. My Aunt and Uncle are going to be going home to Texas within the next week before the surgery and next round of chemo so our family is going to be taking turns going down there until Thanksgiving to help out. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to Texas with my mom to help or head to Baltimore to help my cousin after his dad has surgery. It's really just a lot to take in and not knowing what to do or how to help....so if you could send some prayers their way, I know they (and we) would appreciate it. Thank you...

3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, Kasey, so sorry. I'm sending you an email...

Katie said...

Sorry to hear that Kasey. I hope your family can have some sort of peace with this soon....

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Im thinking of ya Kasey.. sorry to hear of your news.