Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Still can't believe he is ours!

  • We've been so blessed by our little boy. It is the best feeling in the world and Mike and I are so very thankful. I can't believe we are parents! Mike and I are still trying to figure everything out but we know with each other we can do it. It is all so very new but so far we are making it! Mike is a great dad and I'm so thankful and blessed to be married to him.
  • The delivery: We went in that morning at 6 am. We were both a little nervous, very excited, and a little anxious because we didn't know what to expect. They tried to get my IV in, which by the way took 5 needles and 3 nurses, apparently I have squirmy veins; they blew two veins, so I now have huge bruises on each arm. It took over and hour to get that straightened out. At 8 am, I was started on pitocin and they broke my water. I started getting contractions about a half hour or so later that weren't too bad. I waited until 10 am to get the epidural, and boy...that helped a ton. I am SO thankful to have had that! Mike and I even took a nap after the epidural for awhile. At around 12:45 pm, I was around 6 cm dialated. I think at this point, Mike was video taping me and we were watching something on tv while we waited. About 45 minutes later, at 1:30, I was having some pressure and could feel Evan's feet in my ribs! At first I thought that my catheder wasn't in right and my bladder was getting full. Cyndi, our nurse, checked and the look on her face said it all! She said I was at rim. I asked her what that meant and she said Evan is almost here! Wow! She immediately called our doctor, got everything else ready, and talked me through what was going to happen next. A little after 1:30 I started pushing and at 2:02 pm, Evan Samuel was born.
  • Mike and I couldn't believe how fast it happened. Less than 6 hours! It was the most beautiful thing in the world. Hearing Evan cry for the first time was so emotional for both of us. After waiting and trying for more than 5 years to have a child of our own, our son was here. It was seriously the best moment for us. I still can't believe he is ours! We are so blessed!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so happy for you guys. You deserve that little boy so much and you're going to be amazing parents to him. I can't imagine the emotion you felt when you finally had him in your arms after so long of wishing and praying for him!

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

I'm so happy for you guys!

LeeAnn Howard said...

Im very very happy for you guys! Sounds like you had a great birthing experience and soo happy to call you a fellow blogging mommy now! Im looking forward to learning so much about this little guy! You guys are going to be GREAT parents! Enjoy! :)

Abby Larson said...

man, reading your post just filled me with so much emotion. Took me back to Haley's birth but also made me soo happy to know two deserving people like you finally got all you ever wanted. Congrats again!