Friday, October 31, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 3:38 PM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
- The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had not phoned in sick one day. Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper.
- " Hello ? "
- "Is your daddy home?" he asked.
- " Yes ," whispered the small voice.
- May I talk with him?"
- The child whispered, "No"
- Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, "Is your Mommy there?"
- " Yes ."
- "May I talk with her?"
- Again the small voice whispered, "No"
- Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, "Is anybody else there?"
- " Yes ," whispered the child, " a policeman ".
- Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, "May I speak with the policeman?"
- " No, he's busy ", whispered the child.
- "Busy doing what?"
- " Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman ," came the whispered answer.
- Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, "What is that noise?"
- " A helicopter " answered the whispering voice.
- "What is going on there?" demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.
- Again, whispering, the child answered, " The search team just landed a helicopter ."
- Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, "What are they searching for?"
- Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle... " ME ."
Posted by K.M.L at 5:21 PM
Monday, October 27, 2008
Though he's barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.
Posted by K.M.L at 5:21 PM
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday I finally had to go out and buy my first pair of maternity pants and a new bra. I can not believe how much I have changed in these last few weeks. I definitely have a little pooch and my "girls" have already gone up a whole cup size. Geez. I am not even 3 months yet...I can't imagine what they are going to be in my last trimester! I can't believe tomorrow is already 10 weeks!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 11:58 AM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
can't believe it has almost been a week since my last post. I've been so busy and so tired, that blogging just always seems last on my list lately. Sorry about that...
Friday we had our class Halloween/fall party. They were able to decorate their cupcakes with sprinkles and icing. They were also able to drink their bug juice, which was ginger ale, something else and gummy worms and raisins. They had a great time trying to get the bugs out! They also had a craft activity where they chose a fake leaf and then had to come up with a design based around that leaf. It was pretty comical watching them come up with their idea. The best part of the party is that the parents are in charge of planning it and bringing in the goodies! I love that!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:43 PM
Monday, October 20, 2008
How your baby's growing:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
Posted by K.M.L at 3:45 PM
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Wow! I can not believe that today, after fighting the flu for 6 days, I did not need to take my nausea medicine for morning/all day sickness. I am SO happy that I didn't need it today! I hope that tomorrow will be the same story, but I might bring one to school, just to be safe. I can't believe tomorrow is 9 weeks. Wow! I can already see a little bulge and my pants are getting a tad tight. I love it! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 4:17 PM
Yesterday, Mandy and I hosted a shower for our friends, Melanie and Kyle. We had a great time playing games, eating a delicious cake, and watching them open their gifts. Baby Marek will be here soon!!!
Posted by K.M.L at 12:33 PM
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 7:08 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Posted by K.M.L at 6:00 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I had to take a sick day today (and I'm taking one for tomorrow too). I was up all night with the sweats and chills and throwing up. I don't think its morning sickness because I am still on my medicine and I also have a 101* temp. Not my idea of fun...hopefully I'll feel better soon.
Posted by K.M.L at 1:44 PM
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Today we had our 2nd appointment and our baby is growing! It is 1/2 inch long and his/her heartbeat was 163 beats per minute. It was very fun to see this little baby getting bigger! We even saw it wiggle once... :)
Posted by K.M.L at 6:10 PM
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Saturday, October 11, 2008
|Kasey the Zombie Web Footed Teacher|
|Get Your Halloween Monster Name at Quizopolis.com|
Posted by K.M.L at 6:34 PM
I was having morning sickness all day and not keeping anything down, so I finally decided to call my doctor to let him know. I am now on medicine and things are 100% better! I am able to eat and keep it down! woohoo! :) I also bought some of those nausea wrist bracelets and have been wearing those too, just in case. We are excited to head back to the doctor on Tuesday to see our little baby again! I can't believe on Monday I will be 2 months! Wow!
Posted by K.M.L at 3:27 PM
Friday, we had our 1st 5th grade social activity. We went to Shyrock's corn maze after school. We had a great time and it was neat to see the parents come and bring their kids. The maze is huge and we only found 5 of the 10 checkpoints. It was a great Fall evening!
Posted by K.M.L at 3:14 PM
Sunday, October 5, 2008
- peanut butter
- orange juice
Love this feeling of growing a little baby inside me...I am so thankful and blessed!
Posted by K.M.L at 11:15 AM
- Went to church this morning and heard a great message about love. Very inspiring.
- Had morning sickness...so that means I do not just have it in the afternoon now. Hopefully it will get better!
- Mike and I cleaned the house, we have the windows open, and I love the breeze flowing through.
- Watching football and relaxing and probably getting ready to take a nap! :)
- One of my soccer coaches growing up, passed away this morning after a battle with pancreatic cancer. I know he is in a better place with the Lord, but I continue to pray for his family and their six kids...
Posted by K.M.L at 11:07 AM
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Dave and Sarah got a cute, tiny toy poodle. Dave brought Zoey over the other night and Jack and Zoey had a ball playing together. We were a little worried at first with Jack being around Zoey because he is gigantic, but he was really tender and playful. It was too cute!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:38 PM