Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Whew....

Mike and I had a very productive day today and we aren't done yet! Awhile back we decided to put a lot of things into storage when our house was on the market...well, that didn't work out so well. We were determined today to get almost all of it out and we did. We have one more small load to get in the morning. We went through box after box.....and the thing we learned is next time you put stuff in storage, instead of using boxes, use rubbermaid containers! We had a few little bugs, but not too many. Thank goodness! We took over 5 full boxes of stuff to Goodwill (over 30 of my shoes!) and took about 200 pounds of trash (boxes, old school things, old notebooks, etc) to the dump. I am so proud of how much stuff we got done today. Since we turned my scrapbook room into a guest room, Mike and I went out to get a cute rug to put in the other part of the laundry room to set up my scrapbook stuff. I am so excited! It is not 100% done yet. I still have a few boxes to go through that are in the garage and I am going to get a cute shower curtain to hang behind the desk so it's not so plain. I also love the lights!!!!! I'll have to post some after pics once everything gets done! :) Now...off to watch the Olympics!! Go USA!

4 comments:

Abby Larson said...

So did you eventually sell your home? I guess I don't get to buy it anymore...:) I'm sure you are relieved and this happened a long time ago and I am behind the times.

Dan and Amanda said...

Hooray for organization! :)

Melanie said...

What a cute little workspace. How perfect!

lina said...

A little corner of your own, how great :)
It is always nice getting your things back out of storage!