Saturday, August 16, 2008

One last hurrah!

  • This was the last weekend before school starts and I went out with a bang! :) I was very busy with friends and family and the only downside of the entire weekend was Mike had to work, so I didn't see him too much. :(
  • Thursday I got my hair cut and highlighted and then Mike and I went over to the Powell's house and we celebrated Laura's 30th birthday with her family. We had a fantastic time while Geoffrey bar-be-qued some burgers and hotdogs and we played with the kiddos and had some good conversation. Laura got some great gifts and funny 30th bday cards.

  • Friday I went to St. Louis to see my family and hang out with the Morrison family and also with the Malones. Us girls had such a great time chatting and catching up, while the boys did their fantasy football draft.

  • Saturday I went with my grandma and mom to a wedding shower for my grandma and dad's side of the family. I hardly ever see this side of the family and it was great getting to know some relatives and figuring out who everyone was. I got some really good information about our family tree and even realized that my great grandma was named Nellie and she had 11 kids!!! :) It was fun to be able to hang out with my mom and grandma on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon. After driving back to Columbia, I went over to my friend Kayla's house and she had a few friends over for a Mexican buffet. It was very yummy!!!

2 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

Oooh I love your haircut Kasey! You had a busy weekend! :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I linked to your post, but forgot to tell you how much I loved it!! LOL!
Its the cool thing now-a-days and I LOVE it on you! :)