Monday, August 4, 2008

June 2002...

I came across this picture the other day (from '02) and 5 things popped in my head when I looked at it....every time I look at it, it makes me so thankful that I walked away.
  1. It was my sister's jeep and I felt so bad, but I know she was glad I was okay. Sorry Kel. She loved that jeep, but loved me more! awww...
  2. I can't believe I feel asleep and ran into the back of a semi....going 70 on the highway, and just passed a bridge. geez.
  3. After I hit, I remember the glass shattering, which felt like rain. I remember thinking "Oh my goodness...I am going to die". There were probably a few curse words thrown in there. When the jeep finally stopped moving, it was facing the opposite way I was originally going and was laying on its side with the passenger door against the grass. I don't remember climbing out the driver's side door and scaling down the side of the jeep. Thank goodness I don't remember that, but I do remember thinking "what do I do now?" and looking down and seeing my flip flips broken.
  4. When the police and ambulance got there they wanted to call my parents, but I told them only I could because they would freak out. I called my parents and said I was okay, but was in an accident. All I remember is how fast my dad got there and my mom waiting at home to see if I was going to the hospital and how bad it was.
  5. I had some bruises on my knees from hitting the dash, tons of bruises/scrapes from the glass and rolling over many times, and cuts on my forehead from the glass falling on me. I am sure it messed up my back too, but I am so thankful for God keeping me safe that night.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh thats awful! How amazing that you walked away. Thank God!

jenny said...

wow! that is incredible that you walked away. scary.

Anonymous said...

wow kasey! so glad you were okay.

lina said...

Wow!! Very lucky! I'll bet your sister would gove up that jeep 100 times for you to be that safe :)

Michelle Leigh said...

Oh my God! That is crazy. You really had someone looking out for you that night! I'm glad everything was ok!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful every day...