Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cards vs. Cubs

I was so excited to go to the Cardinals/Cubs game today. Since I have not been to the new stadium this year, it made it all the more special. I have lots of good memories going there when I was a kid and one day I hope to have that tradition with my children. We had great seats in the Bank of America Club House and had all the free food and drinks you could want. We had great seats and could sit inside or outside, but since it was WAY too hot, we decided to sit inside. Even though the Cardinals lost, it was still a great game with great friends. I was just sorry to miss Yuri's first birthday party today and bummed that Mike had to work and couldn't come to the game.

Heading into the stadium....

This gentleman has been at the Cards game for as long as I can remember...he always has the best signs!

Sheer perfection!

Pujols...my favorite!

Even though Jack Buck has passed away, he is still a Cardinal legacy. They pulled up footage from when the Cards played the Cubs where he put on Harry Caray glasses and sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." It was great to watch that today and remember when he was here. He is greatly missed.

What a great way to spend my Sunday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks awesome! we're going to get down there for a game one of these summers...

pujols is one of my favorite (non-mn twin) players too! :)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I love love love baseball games! That grass looks picture perfect too!! lol!

meg duerksen said...

looks like fun!!
we have been to few cubs game in chicago...looks like the same kind of fun.
hope you have a great day!
-meg