Saturday, May 17, 2008

What are the odds?

Our night started off so nice. Mike surprised me with my birthday present early since we are both superbusy this week. He got me my very own Garmin and I love it! He told me to put in an address and that's where we were heading to dinner. We show up a this great restaurant about 3o minutes away in Fayette and "surprise!" Mike's parents, Dave and Sarah were already there! I was completely shocked. I couldn't believe that Mike pulled this off! They had this great white chocolate raspberry cheesecake and it was delicious. We had a great dinner and were on our way home, traveling over 70 mph on hwy 63, and BAM....another deer hits us. This time, it almost comes in the windshield. Mike pulls over, my ears and head is ringing and he is asking if I am okay. Mike has bits of glass all over and it's on our feet, the back seat, everywhere. I can't believe that we came out okay from this. Both of our backs hurt and we are sore, but otherwise we are pretty lucky. You might remember our other deer accident...click here if you need a reminder. We talked to the highway patrol and they said it was a pretty big deer and that its head was completely knocked off. Gross...We waited for the tow truck to take the car away and Mike's parents dropped us off at home. So much for a relaxing night. I think it's time to trade this car in! We are dealing with insurance and getting a rental car tomorrow and to going to church to pray! Thank God we were okay and not injured too bad. Have a great night! We're off to bed....

14 comments:

Nicole said...

OH my gosh! I can't believe that! I'm so glad you are both ok. Wow. Ouch.

So, does this count on your accident counter? HAHAH!

lina said...

Wow! Glad you are both ok! I was just thinking what Nicole was thinking :) What side does this count on, ha!

karicarp said...

Oh my gosh, your right... what are the odds? Happy early birthday to you this week. It's so incredible that deer can be SO destructive. Glad you guys are ok.

Heather S. said...

I am so glad you are both okay! I hope you both are feeling better today!! Take it easy - if you can!!

Dan and Amanda said...

Kasey...!!!! Dan told me about your accident last night. I can't believe it! The girls are very interested in the deer's head being knocked off. Mallory told everyone at church about it!

Hope you both are feeling less sore this afternoon.

Love,
amanda

Leslie Collins said...

Glad to hear that you are okay. Those darn deer. They are everywhere here, too.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am soooo afraid of hitting a deer. So glad you weren't hurt! What an ending to an otherwise nice, birthday dinner!

Anonymous said...

OMG kasey... so glad you are okay! how scary... i'm always afraid of hitting a deer, we have so many of them here... yikes.

how sweet of mike to surprise you like that! i love it!

Mandy, Dustin and Thomas said...

OMG. I'm so glad that you guys are ok.

Denise H. said...

Happy Birthday!

I am so glad that both of you are okay. That is so Scary! A Guardian angel was looking over both of you for sure.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

Kasey! I'm so glad you and Mike are alright.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

OMG Kasey! I'm glad to hear that you are okay. What a birthday for you! Have a good one regardless still!