Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 6:46 PM
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 9:04 AM
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 10:13 PM
Friday, May 25, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 10:00 PM
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Mango, Almost 4.5 months old
Here is a picture of Jack at 3 MONTHS old and Mango at almost 4 1/2 months old and Mango still looks tiny next to him!
Posted by K.M.L at 5:30 PM
Monday, May 21, 2007
I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of those friends and family that called, sent an email &/or blog note, or letter. It means a lot that you remembered my bday today! I can't believe that the "28" mark is here....crazy how time flies. Mike and I enjoyed today...we ate at TGI Friday's and then went on a walk. The weather has been beautiful and it was so nice to have the time together. Thanks to my parents, Kelli and Kris, Brad, Dan & Amanda, Dave, grandparents and Mike's parents for my gifts and dinners the last few weeks! Mom...I hope you are having fun in Florida (i'm jealous!) ha!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:42 PM
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 6:54 AM
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Posted by K.M.L at 8:52 PM
- A young soldier was in his bunkhouse all alone one Sunday morning over in Afghanistan. It was quiet that day, the guns and the mortars, and landmines for some reason hadn't made a noise. The young soldier knew it was Sunday, the holiest day of the week. As he was sitting there, he got out an old deck of cards and laid them out across his bunk. Just then an army sergeant came in and said, "Why aren't you with the rest of the platoon?" The soldier replied, "I thought I would stay behind and spend some time with the Lord." The sergeant said, "Looks like you're going to play cards." The soldier said, "No sir, you see, since we are not allowed to have Bibles or other spiritual books in this country, I've decided to talk to the Lord by studying this deck of cards." The sergeant asked in disbelief, "How will you do that?"
- "You see the Ace, Sergeant, it reminds that there is only one God.
- The Two represents the two parts of the Bible, Old and New Testaments.
- The Three represents the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- The Four stands for the Four Apostles: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- The Five is for the five virgins that were ten but only five of them were glorified.
- The Six is for the six days it took God to create the Heavens and Earth.
- The Seven is for the day God rested after working the six days.
- The Eight is for the family of Noah and his wife, their three sons and their wives, in which God saved the eight people from the flood that destroyed the earth for the first time.
- The Nine is for the lepers that Jesus cleansed of leprosy. He cleansed ten but nine never thanked Him.
- The Ten represents the Ten Commandments that God handed down to Moses on tablets made of stone.
- The Jack is a reminder of Satan. One of God's first angels, but he got kicked out of heaven for his sly and wicked ways and is now the joker of eternal hell.
- The Queen stands for the Virgin Mary.
- The King stands for Jesus, for he is the King of all kings.
- When I count the dots on all the cards, I come up with 365 total, one for every day of the year.
- There are a total of 52 cards in a deck, each is a week, 52 weeks in a year.
- The four suits represents the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter.
- Each suit has thirteen cards, there are exactly thirteen weeks in a quarter.
- So when I want to talk to God and thank Him, I just pull out this old deck of cards and they remind me of all that I have to be thankful for." The sergeant just stood there and after a minute, with tears in his eyes and pain in his heart, he said, "Soldier, can I borrow that deck of cards?" Please let this be a reminder and take time to pray for all of our soldiers who are being sent away, putting their lives on the line fighting for us.
- God Bless America
Posted by K.M.L at 8:46 PM
Went to Kenny Chesney last night! It was AWESOME!!!! Mike had to work the event and got 2 free tickets! woohoo!!!! More pictures to follow...I need to get ready to go to St Louis for an Arbonne party I have. Check back later!
Posted by K.M.L at 9:31 AM
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Well...Jack decided that he didn't get out enough, so he had a field trip today. They are working on replacing the pipes behind our house and have ruined our neighbors yard. I guess they needed to take out about 5-6 pickets and Jack got out. I don't know if the workers were still there or not. Our neighbor behind us, brought him back and locked him in the little pen. She said she saw something outside her door on her deck and went and looked and it was Jack. I guess he just needed someone to play with! lol. She put him on a leash and brought him back. I'm glad he didn't hurt her, b/c he is very spastic right now and very strong. Dee is a little old lady and it was SO nice of her to do that! Can you imagine if she couldn't catch him, control him, or he knocked her over??? I am so glad he was good! :) The pictures below are of our neighbors side yard and it is right behind our fence....Hopefully they'll fix the yard/pipes soon! If you notice the left side of the fence, that is still behind from when they fixed the pipe earlier this year.....
Posted by K.M.L at 5:38 PM
Monday, May 14, 2007
Growing up in Missouri
- You've never met any celebrities.
- Everyone you know has been on a "Float Trip".
- "Vacation" means driving to Silver Dollar City, Worlds of Fun or Six Flags.
- You've seen all the biggest bands ten years AFTER they were popular.
- You measure distance in minutes rather than miles. For example, "Well, St. Louis is about two hours north of Sikeston."
- Down south to you means Arkansas.
- The phrase "I'm going to the Lake this weekend" only means one thing.
- You know several people who have hit a deer.
- You think Missouri is spelled with an "ah" at the end.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- You know what "Party Cove" is.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You instinctively ask someone you've just met, "What High School did you go to?"
- You've had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it, no matter what time of the year.
- You know in your heart that Mizzou can beat Nebraska in football.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
- You carry jumper cables in your car and know that everyone else should.
- You went to skating parties as a kid.
- You only own three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page, but requires six pages for sports.
- You think I-44 is spelled and pronounced "farty-far." (St. Louis only)
- You'll pay for your kids to go to college unless they want to go to KU.
- You think that "deer season" is a National Holiday.
- You know that Concordia is halfway between Kansas City and Columbia, and Columbia is halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City, and the Warrenton Outlet Mall is halfway between Columbia and St. Louis.
- You can't think of anything better than sitting on the porch in the middle of the summer during a thunderstorm.
- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
- You've said, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
- You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Football.
- You know if another Missourian is from the Boot-heel, Ozarks, Eastern, Middle or Western Missouri soon as they open their mouth.
- You know that Harry S. Truman, Walt Disney and Mark Twain are all from Missouri.
- You failed World Geography in school because you thought Cuba, Versailles, California, Nevada, Houston, Cabool, Louisiana, Springfield, and Mexico were cities in Missouri. (And they are!)
- You think a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor.
- You know what "HOME OF THE THROWED ROLL" means.
- You actually get this and forward it to all your Missouri friends.
Posted by K.M.L at 7:37 PM
- A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Sheriffs Deputy. He thinks that he is smarter than the Deputy because he is sure that he has a better education.
- He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the deputies expense...
- Deputy says, "License and registration, please."
- Lawyer says, "What for?"
- Deputy says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign "
- Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."
- Deputy says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."
- Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"
- Deputy says, "The difference is, you have to come to a complete stop,that's the law. License and registration, please!"
- Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket, if not you let me go and no ticket."
- Deputy says, "Exit your vehicle, sir."
- At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick and starts beating the ever-loving crap out of the lawyer and says:"Do you want me to stop or just slow down?"
This made me smile! Have a great day!
Posted by K.M.L at 7:28 PM
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Today I was in St. Louis to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom and grandma's, and we also celebrated my mom's birthday, my brother's birthday and my birthday! Kelli and Kris are going to be out of town in California and my mom is going to be out of town with her sisters and mom in Florida so we decided to celebrate today! We had a lot of fun hanging out, BBQing, and opening presents! I can't believe I will be 28! I will post some pics soon!
Posted by K.M.L at 6:34 PM
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Heather "tagged" me with this one floating around, so here are my answers....
- I am: ready for summer
- I want: to be a great wife, daughter, sister, friend and teacher
- I have: the biggest headache right now
- I wish: Mike and I could travel whenever we wanted
- I hate: letting people down
- I miss: friends we don't see
- I hear: Jack lapping up a bowlful of water
- I wonder: when we will have a baby
- I regret: the way I say things with the tone of my voice
- I am not: in shape....but hopefully soon!
- I dance: hardly ever
- I sing: in the car and when I'm cleaning
- I cry: all the time...commercials, movies, etc.
- I am not always: organized
- I make with my hands: scrapbooks, dinner (sometimes), and gifts
- I write: on my blog, grading papers, and SO many lists.
- I confuse: my husband
- I need: a just-for-fun vacation... to relax
- I should: paint my house this summer
- I start: lots of ideas in my head
- I finish: things when absolutely necessary And I tag....Katie, Amanda, Kelli, and Mike (even though those last 3 don't have blogs!) :)
Posted by K.M.L at 4:47 PM
Well...let me just tell you that I LOVE to plan parties....but sometimes things just don't go as planned or as smoothly as I would have liked. Yesterday at school we had a double bridal shower for 2 of our teachers. Invitations out 3 weeks ago, cake ordered, decorations bought, etc. I show up to pick the cake up at 7:30, like I requested and it is not ready. I am furious because I was gone the day before scoring writing assessments and wanted to really "plan" during my plan time on Wednesday and I wanted to pick up the cake then. I leave, go to my 8 am meeting with one of my special education kiddos and the parents don't show up...so I waste 20 minutes when I could have been doing other things. I greet my kids in the morning and at 9 am, drop them off at science and head back to get the cake. And yes, I called to make sure it was ready! I go to pick it up and check out. The good news is that instead of $27 they gave it to me for $11. I get back to school just in time to pick my kids up from science and go to drop them off at music. I then decide to walk down the hall and I see another teacher who forgot to get the punch. So...she leaves to go home and get it. I then decide to start thinking of a game to play because the other teacher who decides to usually get the games together, her son has a baseball game. I throw together Bridal Bingo, print off copies, and I'm good to go. The day goes smoothly....my kids were GREAT! I guess they could tell things weren't going well with planning this thing! ha! THe end of the day comes and I send 5 kids down to help move chairs and tables in the library. I start taking cakes out of boxes. I had 1 large cake and 2 smaller cakes for each bride to be. I look at the names on 1 of the smaller cakes and it says Congrats Amanda!....Which would all be fine and dandy, except her name is ANGELA!!!! OMG! Too late to now do anything about it!....I feel awful! I start decorating and notice that the Bridal Shower Sign, that I just opened, says BRIDA Shower! WHAT IS GOING ON?????? BRIDA!!!! What is that???? I just apologize...wish the day was over and sit back and wait for the shower to be over! I hope those 2 have the smoothest wedding ever....because everything that could have gone wrong, did! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 5:27 AM
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
Monday, May 7, 2007
These 2 pictures are from the storm the other night and all of this junk blew against our house and stuck to it. It looks like the front of a car after a long trip with all the bug juice and guts all over it! Gross!!!!At least our front yard and trees don't look as bad as this guys! This is one of our neighbor's houses.
I also was cleared to start running!!!! YEAH!!!! I can slowly now start getting back into shape. It's going to take awhile...this is how far I ran today. Down and back...almost a quarter of a mile. I was as slow as molasses though! But, at least its a start! See that little hill at the top of the street....THAT WAS HARD!!!! :) Mike stopped cutting the grass to see if I would make it up it...AND I DID! ha! He wanted me to do the "Rocky" dance....instead he did it for me because I was too tired! :)
Posted by K.M.L at 5:05 PM