Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shower Fiasco

Well...let me just tell you that I LOVE to plan parties....but sometimes things just don't go as planned or as smoothly as I would have liked. Yesterday at school we had a double bridal shower for 2 of our teachers. Invitations out 3 weeks ago, cake ordered, decorations bought, etc. I show up to pick the cake up at 7:30, like I requested and it is not ready. I am furious because I was gone the day before scoring writing assessments and wanted to really "plan" during my plan time on Wednesday and I wanted to pick up the cake then. I leave, go to my 8 am meeting with one of my special education kiddos and the parents don't show up...so I waste 20 minutes when I could have been doing other things. I greet my kids in the morning and at 9 am, drop them off at science and head back to get the cake. And yes, I called to make sure it was ready! I go to pick it up and check out. The good news is that instead of $27 they gave it to me for $11. I get back to school just in time to pick my kids up from science and go to drop them off at music. I then decide to walk down the hall and I see another teacher who forgot to get the punch. So...she leaves to go home and get it. I then decide to start thinking of a game to play because the other teacher who decides to usually get the games together, her son has a baseball game. I throw together Bridal Bingo, print off copies, and I'm good to go. The day goes smoothly....my kids were GREAT! I guess they could tell things weren't going well with planning this thing! ha! THe end of the day comes and I send 5 kids down to help move chairs and tables in the library. I start taking cakes out of boxes. I had 1 large cake and 2 smaller cakes for each bride to be. I look at the names on 1 of the smaller cakes and it says Congrats Amanda!....Which would all be fine and dandy, except her name is ANGELA!!!! OMG! Too late to now do anything about it!....I feel awful! I start decorating and notice that the Bridal Shower Sign, that I just opened, says BRIDA Shower! WHAT IS GOING ON?????? BRIDA!!!! What is that???? I just apologize...wish the day was over and sit back and wait for the shower to be over! I hope those 2 have the smoothest wedding ever....because everything that could have gone wrong, did! :)

2 comments:

heather said...

That is all so crazy!! Well, I'm sure everyone still had fun and it'll always be something to look back and laugh on.
You're a great party planner... I can't wait to live closer so you can help me plan some fun parties!
Talk to you soon!!

Dan and Amanda said...

I am sitting here laughing my head off! I know it wasn't funny at the time, but your entry cracked me up!!

:) Amanda